CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Legacy Game Backup
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Mar 01, 2002, 01:25 PM

Unhappy Libcrypt protection,any easy way round it?

sponsored links

I wrote a few days ago on 27th feb, about how only one psx game is currently defeating me,as far as backing it up is concerned.I have used clone cd for this and other games.All the others have been fine,and are on cheapish cdr's.

Liteon 24x writer, Teac 540e reader. Ps-x-Changer cd to boot game.

I have now tried four times,including to image file,and brought the read and write speed down to 2x,but still only getting sound,blank screen,and no workable buttons. The game is Syphon Filter 2,PAL version.I heard from NateV that he had no problem with his NTSC copy,but I think my version has Libcrypt built in,at least,that is what clonyxl seems to tell me.However,it also tells me that other psx games of mine have Libcrypt,yet my backups of those work fine on my psx one.Still,there is no other protection detected on this particular game,and I know that by now,my cdrs( albeit they are not TDK or verbatim or other rated cdr's) would have done a working copy,if it wasn't from something stopping that happening.So,assuming it IS Libcrypt,is there a way round this? NateV,if you're also reading this,any ideas mate? I also read somewhere on this board,that someone burned the latest, Syphon Filter 3,also PAL,and that has Libcrypt,and is apparently unplayable. Do I need to try a different burning program?Or,do I need a patch,if so,where from,and how do I install it? Questions,questions,questions!!

Last edited by Roman5; Mar 01, 2002 at 01:34 PM.
Old Mar 01, 2002, 08:00 PM
Veteran

Either you're burning setting are off or you need to patch you're game son I suggest you find the correct settings as of I found a universal backup none needed patch setting
Old Mar 01, 2002, 08:35 PM
Veteran

Have you tried burning with Read subchannel data audio? Thats what the settings for Clony are. Your burner/cdrom might not be able to read subchannel though. Try it and let us know if it works.
[IMG]***********.mindshatter.com/forum/brandono.gif[/IMG]
Old Mar 02, 2002, 01:52 AM

Yeah guys,my settings have always been read subchannel data and audio,and dont repair subchannel data,all of which my writer can handle.I have always had successful burns and playable backups before.I think I read somewhere that for Libcrypt,it may be better to read subchannel data,but not subchannel audio.Anyone know if that would work better?
Old Mar 02, 2002, 02:30 AM
Veteran

Are you sure your burner is compatable with Subchannel? If your burner isn't compatible and you go to copy the cd it won't say anything about it not being able to read subchannel. What kind of burner do you have and model.
Old Mar 03, 2002, 03:58 AM

Yes Brandono,it is compatible.Its the LIteon 24 speed writer,which is a great machine,supporting most features needed.