CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Legacy Game Backup
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Mar 03, 2002, 04:34 AM

sponsored links

Roman5 syphon f 2 has no copy protection in it at all i checked on psx copylist it must be a bad burn or bad origonal.
syphon f 3 dosnt have any protection either pal +ntsc

Wheelie
Old Mar 03, 2002, 06:24 AM

Thing is wheelie,clonyxl comes up with libcrypt.Though I know there isn't any other protection detected in the game,I think Libcrypt may still be stopping it from working,and the other person that has SF3 said that she has Libcrypt,and she cant play the backup burned. Yes,it could be bad copy,or bad original,or cheap cdrs,but,personally,my instinct tells me it isnt any of that,but rather,an inbuilt prevention method.I already got 4 coasters,written and read at different speeds,and no other thing I ever copied with this system did that yet. I do appreciate you taking the time to reply wheelie,thanks.So, lets assume this is still Libcrpyt,can anyone throw any light on getting around it?

Last edited by Roman5; Mar 03, 2002 at 06:27 AM.
Old Mar 03, 2002, 11:11 AM

searched the web everyone say no protection but they do have a problem copying it with clone they all say copy it with cdrwin.
this is what one person said:
If cdrwin,clone cd or nero says the disc has errors,unreadable data then the disc is damaged.Try copying from a different original.

hope this helps

Wheelie
Old Mar 03, 2002, 02:12 PM

ok wheelie,I happen to have cdrwin on my pc,but never tried it before.I'll give it a go.Thanks a lot friend for your research!
Old Mar 04, 2002, 04:47 PM

Ok,I tried cdrwin.It was worth a shot.I now have:- - - - - - - - - 5 coasters! Settings I used for cdrwin were as recommended by another poster on here.It burned at demo speed of 1x.The cdr burned came out just like the ones burned with clone cd.Theres also no patch for it at megagames.com. Can anyone let me know if they still think this thing called Libcrypt is the problem? Just to reiterate,I have had no problems with my cdrs with any other burns except this game,which apparently has no protection,though I think it has Libcrypt. I dont believe my cdrs are at fault.
Old Mar 05, 2002, 12:30 AM
Veteran

It may just be that there's a few versions of SF2 floating around that are protected, it's happened before. Have you tried burning anything other than SF2 lately? Maybe your burner's dead, I hope not, but that's the best I can come up with.