CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Legacy Game Backup
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Mar 05, 2002, 02:16 AM

sponsored links

long shot but....... try blindread/write which will read and/or burn .bin images so u could try reading with cdrwin and burning with blindwrite vice versa, or fireburner...also, a complete bummer i know but try reading at 1x speed...as a last option it's gotta be worth a try

hope this helps
__
arthur_p_huxake
Old Mar 05, 2002, 03:18 AM
Veteran

clony only detects its a psx game and throws up lybcrypt , whether the psx game is protected or not , ive been told you cant detect if a psx game is protected or not .
Old Mar 05, 2002, 10:55 AM

Libcrypt protection is placed in subchannel data on the disk so if you have successfully copied other recent PSX games then they must be using some additional copy protection.

I believe that subchannel audio has also caused some problems in the past ie. Medievil 2, but as you say that you had both checked on read and do not repair checked on burn then the only other thing I can suggest is to update your copy of Clonecd (if you haven't already).

If you bring up the log field when you read the disk does it show up any errors??
Old Mar 05, 2002, 02:57 PM

Thanks Rabby,you confirmed to me what I suspected,that clonyxl throws up Libcrypt all the time.It showed Libcrypt on other games ,but I already had successful burns on those.

Hi The Wizzard.My log shows no errors on reading and burning.I also read somewhere that not checking subchannel audio was an option suggested,so,I'll try yet another cdr,number 6, this time without reading subchannel audio,and see if that makes any difference.I'm getting through my box of ten cdrs quicker than I thought,but,its all in the cause of my research for future reference. Well,its only about 3 I lose in cdr's,no big deal,and my burner hasn't had much exercise until now anyway!

Last edited by Roman5; Mar 05, 2002 at 03:01 PM.
Old Mar 05, 2002, 04:06 PM

Actually,skip that bit I wrote about unticking read audio subchannel.I now read that it won't make any difference,and the backup would supposedly work either way.My version of clone cd is 3.3.4.1. Or, The Wizzard,do you think it is still worth me trying without audio subchannel reading? Maybe this game just doesn't like the psx changer boot cd I use?
Old Mar 06, 2002, 09:11 AM

Your version of CloneCD is reasonably current so that should be OK, you are right in saying that ticking subchannel audio will make no difference (ie if there isn't anything in subchannel audio having it ticked will not cause any problems)
You mentioned a boot disk!! If your PSX is chipped and you copy an original disk with clonecd you do not need to use a boot disk!!
Is this where your problem lies??