CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > VideoCD
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Mar 03, 2002, 12:13 PM
Veteran

Question How do u burn a mpeg2 file to svcd using ezcdcreator 5 plat

sponsored links

pls help
Old Mar 04, 2002, 11:55 PM

it doesn't support svcd. try nero burning rom
Old Mar 05, 2002, 06:16 AM

nero doesn't burn them right either.
use VCDEasy and CDRDAO
Old Mar 06, 2002, 12:01 AM
Veteran

w00t!!! Nero doesn't work for SVCD's!! Then I must have about 50 coasters sitting on my DVD player with pretend movies on them that don't work!! Sorry about the sarcasm, but I have made a bunch of SVCD's out of DVD's and DivX and I have burned them all with Nero, and they have all worked perfectly!
Old Mar 06, 2002, 04:32 AM

Some players have problems with Nero burned SVCD's causing them to lose the ability to skip to chapter points and fast forward / rewind.
Apex machines are affected I believe along with some others.

: Is it possible to burn a bin cue with nero

It's possible, but it won't work properly. Here's why...

With XA multi-track bin/cue files, and ALL VCD/SVCD's are XA multi-track, Nero will ALWAYS short data Track 3 (technically, track 2) by 150 sectors. It's a known bug, and that's why even on the Nero website they tell you not to burn multi-track bin/cue files with it. Nero will burn a single-track bin just fine,tho. But ALL VCD's and SVCD's are multi-track.

VCD's contain sector addresses in the first track which point to the following tracks recorded for addressing the track starts in addition to the redundant information recorded in the TOC of the CD-ROM. SVCD's also make use of scan point tables, which contain sector addresses for playing time related access to the VBR mpeg-2 streams.

If the sector addresses become invalid, because the following tracks are not recorded as they were supposed to be, as in the case with Nero, some or all of the following effects may be experienced:

Entry points (chapters) will point to wrong locations or even outside the MPEG stream itself.
Fast forward/fast reverse operation may not work properly.
GOTO may not work properly.
MPEG tracks may not play at all, or the track may start at some place other than the beginning.
MPEG synchronization problems.
Or it plays just fine, but the chapters simply aren't there at all. or not all of them work.

This 150 sector shorting happens with all known versions of Nero, including the latest one. It's 100% reproducible. Taken an SVCD and burn it with CDRWin. Then burn it again with Nero. Compare the Table of Contents of each. Nero's will be short on Track 3.

This MAY have been fixed in a recent version ( 5.5.6.4 +), but another bug has been found by hvr ( the author of VCDImager and fount of all knowledge)

He says 'there's another annoying bug now which is exposed with some brands of CD-R burner, and causes completely screwed up (S)VCDs... it's still being investigated -- a workaround is to delete all INDEX lines in the .cue file except the mandatory 'INDEX 01' ones'

So, avoid Nero for burning SVCD's if you want transportability.

Seeing as you weren't too sarcastic, I'll let you off lightly.

NightCod
Old Mar 06, 2002, 02:35 PM

i have been trying to burn vcd scvd i only had one that worked so far but i tryed so many times i dont know what i did diffrently all i know is in the one that worked it has a image text in the cdda file and others dont have anything in that file im wondering if this is the bin i keep reading about if so can you tell me a easy program that burn it in there or any help would be apreacited