CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics > Data Protection/Compression
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Mar 04, 2002, 06:45 PM

Default Libcrypt protection

sponsored links

Don't know if this forum is appropriate for this post.If not,my apologies,and moderators feel free to delete,as I already posted a similar thread on video games backup forum.But,since this is dedicated to protection problems,and I'm getting little joy with sorting things out,I thought I would ask here.
I burned 5 coasters of a psx game called Syphon Filter2,using clone cd,and cdrwin. My cdrs have been successful with backups of all other games,but not this one.I burned at the slowest speeds. I only get sound,(can hear the fmv dialogue running),but blank screen on the burned backups,and all the buttons on the joypad do nothing. Detection shows no protection,but,I suspect Libcrypt is involved.Clonyxl does seem to at least mention Libcrypt. This is a PAL version of the game. Anyone know much about Libcrypt,and if theres a way to defeat it? Or,does anyone know of anything else,or other settings to be used with,say,clone cd? My writer,Liteon 24x, handles RAW, subchannel data /audio and 'dont repair subchannel data',and clone cd used those settings.I've burned on the fly,and also,as image files.My cd rom is a teac540e.I also used the Liteon writer to read the game ,as well as write it to cdr.My cdrs are not recommended ones,nevertheless,they have not caused any problems with all other game and software backups,and,I truly dont think they are the problem here. Any advice from knowledgeable members about this sort of thing gratefully accepted. Thanks
Old Mar 05, 2002, 07:20 AM

Are you sure ur original disc is alright, I burned this with no problems at all
use clonecd, read @ 4x. settings are as follows: read both subchannells (check) Write uncorrected (check) amp weak sectors (check) & burn @8x
Good Luck
Ray
Old Mar 05, 2002, 03:58 PM

Thanks for your reply ray-comp.Well,I read and wrote at various speeds,including the slowest with cdrwin.All the coasters I made with both programs had the same results. Was your version NTSC or PAL?I have a feeling that perhaps NTSC may be easier to get workable copies from? My clone cd doesnt have an amplify weak sectors box anywhere,but,I understand AWS is for SD2 games,and that my Liteon 24x doesnt need AWS anyway,since it already supports that particular protection..And,when you say write uncorrected,do you mean fast error skip?I didnt enable that.Should I try? I only enabled dont repair subchannel data . Could it just be that ,in the case of this game,my psx only would work with a mod chip instead of my psx changer cd? Though,the fact that I can hear sound from the game only, makes me think there is corrupted,or ,at least limited data actually supplied to the backup during the burn. Hmm,I don't know what to try next.

Last edited by Roman5; Mar 05, 2002 at 05:23 PM.
Old Mar 22, 2002, 03:39 PM

Thanks madmuppet.I can easily follow your instructions,except the AWS.It's greyed out on my clone cd.Is it because my writer(Liteon 24X) doesn't support it?And will I still get a good copy without AWS? I'm using clone version 3.3.4.1 . Where it says preferences,shall I also untick dont repair sub channel data? I'm being extra cautious since I already wasted a few cdr's trying to burn this game. Thanks.
Old Mar 22, 2002, 09:18 PM
Veteran

"I understand AWS is for SD2 games,and that my Liteon 24x doesnt need AWS anyway,since it already supports that particular protection"

You are correct.. The reason it is greyed out however is because your computer is setup as being in either the US or Jap.. I see however that you are living in the UK. Clone CD has supported these features for the UK since v3.2.2.1. When you install windows it defaults to the US, if you were slack when installing and just clicked next, next, etc. then it would still be set to US.