CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > VideoCD
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Mar 05, 2002, 05:04 PM

Default Blocky Vcds

sponsored links

I converted my divx/DVD rips to vcd some of them are kinda blocky (blocky pixls on the screen. I use video pack 5 to convert them. Can the ever be as clear as a DVD. I watch them on a 52 inch screen could this be the problem.
Old Mar 05, 2002, 05:20 PM

You should try and convert them to svcd, much better.
Old Mar 05, 2002, 10:02 PM

Convert it to DVD quality using VCD format? MMM, that is impossible but ohh, ask Video Arcade, he seems to know how to get VCD the best looking format

Anyways, from me. Try encoding it to SVCD. You've got a very nice screen, you should try different methods of encoding.

Why dont you give DVD2SVCD a try. This is a great program and does the rip and ecndoing all in one shot. Use Multipass VBR and you will be stunned on how good it can actually look like in SVCD

Old Mar 05, 2002, 10:13 PM

I used to convert my divX format DVD rips to VCD and SVCD.. but then just went with a TV Out card for my computer.. I like keeping all my stuff on one disc. I figure, eventually, DVD burners and media will come down in price and I can covert back to DVD without much loss in quality.
Old Mar 05, 2002, 10:48 PM
Veteran

If you want VCDs or SVCDs, then the best thing to do is convert straight from the DVD source.. Everytime you re-encode something you loose quality.
Old Mar 06, 2002, 01:04 PM
Banned

LoL now I know why Paul reckons that SVCD is better, because he has to use an all in one program to do his ripping for him.

Think I rest my case there. People that can`t rip VCD properly have to result in using all in one programs so all they do is just click on go and the program does it all for them. No research, no experimenting. No finding the best results through trial and error, just a case of taking the easy option.

Sorted