CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > VideoCD
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Mar 06, 2002, 02:49 PM
Banned

sponsored links

For DIVX to VCD I tried once to do it, saw the results and never tried again. I have seen people say they can transfer DIVX onto VCD with no problems.

Ask yourself this question though. If DIVX to VCD was easy to do and produced decent quality results.

Why are VCDs still doing the rounds on download sites etc for the latest movies rather than compressing to DIVX so that people download just one file of say 680 megs rather than 2 CDs.

I can only think of time to convert into DIVX for people to download and time to put it back onto VCD might not make this worth while.

I dont like DIVX as it can`t be played on standalones but is probaly cool when you have a tv output like Celtic is doing.

We all have our preferred viewing method or methods of making stuff. I prefer VCD when done properly, Paul prefers SVCD, Celtic prefers DIVX, Nova has good taste and likes what I produce

1) VCD is widely accepted and playable
2) SVCD is playable on a handful of DVD players
3) DIVX is if you want to sit around your PC all night or if you can output it onto your TV

As DVD burners become more wider, then DVD is the biggest thing. As soon as DVD burners become affordable to most people, then the whole scene is going to come crashing down onto the beach.

It will be like it is now with cheap burners, so every kid can afford a cd burner and you have a multitude of rippers and scammers taking people for their money.

There isn`t a right or wrong answer, unless you have tried all methods and compared results to see which is the best for you.
Old Mar 06, 2002, 03:03 PM

Hey thanks for your time. Is there any place to download VCDs from. I remember in 96 when I bought a standalone CD burner for $2500 and the blanks were $10. The burner is only a 2x! But im gonna check out you web page. My friend bought a pioneer DVD burner to make back up copis of his DVDs but he cant get it to over write the copywrite. So he wants me to buy it for $400. Is there a way around this and is it worth $400?
Old Mar 06, 2002, 03:44 PM
Banned

When you rip the movies then the programs will remove the copyright.

I can`t comment really about the USA as I`m in the UK best person to speak to about DVDs over there would be

Fistula or Richard

It would be good if we all had the same TV picture, but you yanks have gone arse over tip when you should have had PAL.

As for the $400 no. I believe they are a lot cheaper than $400.
Old Mar 06, 2002, 03:57 PM

I paid $367 for my pioneer A03 and it included 5 blank generic DVD-r and a nice Pioneer DVD-RW disc which is my new best friend (coasters are expensive)
Old Mar 06, 2002, 04:31 PM
Banned

Only friend u mean
Old Mar 06, 2002, 04:55 PM

Fistula where did you get yours and how long ago?