CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > VideoCD
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Mar 11, 2002, 04:13 PM
Banned

sponsored links

Thank you for your comments.

So far in 20 minutes I would say, only 2 people have had the guts to log on. 6 people in Doom9 forum have had the gall to slag something off that they hadn`t seen before.

Even when I posted offering people free access to download samples it was quickly shut down and has now been removed.

Private message sent to the mod, so any person from Doom9 can see that at least I had the balls to prove a point.

[b]Hi M8,

Sorry wasn`t the intention to break any forum rules, but I dont like to be slagged off by anyone without the chance to defend myself.

I mean if and I dont know, if I called your sister ugly and I haven`t seen her, is that really fair on me to do so? To prejudge someone that I have never seen.

So far 2 people logging onto server and what has it been, five people and two mods slag me off.

Oh and I thought ripping DVDs to an SVCD was called pirating especially when you dont own the copyright to something. [/b]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I would like to thank the mod for a well mannered and human response, if your sister is not ugly dont suppose I can grab her phone number?
Hope to meet you in better terms, hopefully anyway

Server will stay open for as long as need be

Last edited by Video_Arcade; Mar 11, 2002 at 04:49 PM.
Old Mar 11, 2002, 06:12 PM
Veteran

Thanks for reopening your FTP.

I will download some, check it out and burn to cd and see what my wide screen can show me
Old Mar 11, 2002, 07:06 PM
Veteran

OK so I have downloaded SampleA and SampleB.

I will tell my honest opinion.

I tried to view your SampleA on my pc and on my wide screen tv and I would say the quality was average. I have achieved similar encoding result before especially if I am encoding a DVD to VCD.

However though, SampleA seems to be not a valid file.

Sample A was encoded 1847Kbps - 226KB/sec instead of 1150, of course that will give you a lot of quality which I think that makes it XVCD and not VCD. I didnt care much if your audio was 48KHz.

This is just my opinion but from what I have done, VCD and SVCD, in comparison with your VCD, it is not any better than SVCD encoded properly.

SVCD looks so much clearer, supports subititles and so many more.

It is my opinion and perhaps not from other people. I was just curious about this argument. Well thats it for me, I think I will close this case as I have seen it myself already.

Old Mar 11, 2002, 07:44 PM
Banned

Pal movie on a NTSC TV your going from 625 lines to 525 and then 25 frames per second to 29 frames.

The American that tested it had a PAL convertor so probaly one hell of a difference.

What is so good about subtitles unless someone is deaf and requires it for enjoying the movie? Subtitles is not a creditable arguement for the benefits of straight 1 to 1 copies.

Fly across, come visit, have a beer, come and watch my 34" in glorious pal.

As posted before not XVCD I said I produce [b]my own[/b] high quality VCD nothing about bitrates being 1150 you lot have said that and assumed 1150.

I`m not sure where that guy was from and I will check to see where he is from. No fair test if you bending and distorting what should a PAL movie unless your actually going to encode that yourself to NTSC but even then there is a small bit of distortion.

You try watching a NTSC movie on a TV thats not NTSC compat it doesnt work.

You make sure you upload some of your SVCD samples so I can would say knock but sadly our tv`s and dvds or most anyway play ntsc.
Old Mar 11, 2002, 11:04 PM
User Awaiting Email Confirmation

I would like to create SVCDs from my current DVD collection. I have converted a few to VCD already with acceptable quality. All so far are 2 discs. Is it possible to create them into SVCD and still keep them on 2 discs? I don't want to do 3, one swap is fine though. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.
Old Mar 11, 2002, 11:15 PM
Banned

From what most people`s views are sometimes it not`s worth coding to SVCD without going from the DVD and redoing again.

I dont do my DVDs from VCDs only from re ripped DVDs.

The best bit would be to do a test sample, find somewhere in the movie, cut a bit out and then encode that to see if you can spot a difference.