CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Legacy Game Backup > Dreamcast
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jan 15, 2002, 09:52 PM

Default Changing Music In MvC2

sponsored links

Yup, another music changing question. I saw some posts like this before in the old board, its just that I never paid attention to them. Well.. yeah... how do you change the music in MvC2.. I read some faqs on the topic of music changing, just that there arent any adx files i can find on the cd. any help would be cool enough for me.
Old Jan 16, 2002, 12:10 AM
Veteran

Default Re: Changing Music In MvC2

mvsc2 music is in bin format u need da saturn cinepak in order 2 listen 2 da music so u can change em

[IMG]***********.quericopub.com/images/sig.gif[/IMG]

here to help or express myself, not to rack up my posts

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by Rudeshadow [/i]
[B]Yup, another music changing question. I saw some posts like this before in the old board, its just that I never paid attention to them. Well.. yeah... how do you change the music in MvC2.. I read some faqs on the topic of music changing, just that there arent any adx files i can find on the cd. any help would be cool enough for me. [/B]

Last edited by grimdeath; Jan 16, 2002 at 12:14 AM.
Old Jan 16, 2002, 10:55 PM

Default RE:

Thanks grimdeath. Well I found the music files started with"Adx_***.bin" I used stuff from go.to/selfboot to extract, convert, wav files,loop adx... etc. etc. Now I'm having trouble burning the stuff back together. Heres what I did: I used isobuster to put all the files together in on my hd. Then I replaced the bin files with my music (with the same file name of course). Now I'm wondering what to use to recompile it back into a single image. Can I use nero or cdrwin to do this?
Old Jan 18, 2002, 12:07 AM

Default Update

Wow... 6 coasters and counting. Well.. I was trying Nero to reburn the files back together, using the CDROM udf/iso type. It burns. I load up the boot disk, put in the game, it loads a usual seeing the mvc2 cd cover rotate. Then the screen goes black for about 10 sec then goes to the dreamcast menu. What am I doing wrong?
Old Jan 18, 2002, 01:23 AM

Default Finally Worked!

Alright, I gave up trying to change the music extracted from my US self-boot version. So I turned to my boot-disk Jap version. Used Isobuster to extract the files. Converted about 20 of my mp3s to wav to adx using stuff found at ********go.to/selfboot .They have a tutorial there on how to loop it so I won't repeat it. Well, after changing the mp3s to looping adxs i renamed them according to what I wanted.
Here were the things I found out. (If it helps anyone...)

Continue Screen == Adx_cont.bin
MvC2 Menu == Adx_menu.bin
Intro Song == Adx_open.bin
Character Select == Adx_selc.bin
Ending Song (Staff Credits) == Adx_staf.bin
Win/score screen == Adx_wins.bin
Training Stage == Adx_s0b0.bin
Abyss 1 == Adx_s080.bin
Abyss 2 == Adx_s090.bin
Abyss 3 == Adx_s0a0.bin

Adx_s000.bin to Adx_s060.bin are the stages.. I dont remember which file goes with which stage.

After replacing the files I used the Nero CDROM udf/iso mode, burnt it. Loaded up the boot disk, put in the game and there i was ..hearing the music after 7 trials. Too bad the bin2boot doesnt work with this, for me at least. So yeah I just wanted to share my experience now. heh. My lingering questions are.. how come that way didnt work with an image of my self-bootable US version. Does this method only work with boot-disk games? Or is there a way around it.
Old Jan 18, 2002, 10:03 AM
Veteran

Default Re: Update

well buddy all i can say is i changed da music in my copy n i made it selfboot but i dindt make da songs 2 loop dis wuz way back when looping wuz unknown lol n all i did wuz i placed 3 songs on each stage which is good cause its like listening 2 a cd rather than having da same song loop neways i made it selfboot da echelon way n i didnt need 2 reorganize ne of da files mebbe its cause i didnt work wit da looping part try it if u need help wit selfbooting check out my tutorial www.geocities.com/dcpiratesdotcom/ or feel free 2 post or email me

[img]***********.quericopub.com/images/sig.gif[/img]

here to help or express myself, not to rack up my posts

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by Rudeshadow [/i]
[B]Wow... 6 coasters and counting. Well.. I was trying Nero to reburn the files back together, using the CDROM udf/iso type. It burns. I load up the boot disk, put in the game, it loads a usual seeing the mvc2 cd cover rotate. Then the screen goes black for about 10 sec then goes to the dreamcast menu. What am I doing wrong? [/B]

Last edited by grimdeath; Jan 18, 2002 at 10:05 AM.