CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Legacy Game Backup > Dreamcast
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Mar 28, 2002, 04:21 PM

sponsored links

i don't use the selfboot images, i copy the files from the game and make it selfboot myself.
please explain this part of use sound recorder, is it a program? or can i use other software?
i like to use nero wave editor to change my waves
Old Mar 30, 2002, 02:46 AM

i'm new too, and i'm trying to make cap vs snk 2 wi/ new music too, and so far i've make it from a self boot to a boot disc required. i have music that i want to put in as adx***.bin's, but i don't have a program to get my wav's to adx to bin. also i want to know how to loop these songs since that go.to/selfboot place is down. so could someone please put up a link to a place to get a converter and how to make songs loop? thanks a lot to anyone who replies, i really appreciate it.
Old Mar 30, 2002, 10:20 AM

ok you must find adxencd.exe, to convert wav 2 adx, try search in google.
but when i change my wave in adx, the sound quality drops, i want to know what setings i must do in adxencd, and how to loop them.
the custom adx must be the same size of the original adx?
please, only want make adx with the same quality of the wave to reach my goal
Old Mar 30, 2002, 06:28 PM

so far i've changed all wav's into adx's using adxencd. from here i tried to just rename them into .bin's, replace the old ones, then burn. Unfortunately, the new music that i'm using is too big. I found that I have to change the .adx's into .afs's so i can make those smaller. When the .afs's are smaller, I can then change them back to .adx's to .bin then to (finally) burn. Just one problem. I don't have a program to change .adx's to .afs's. I believe the program to use is called afslnk. I've looked everywhere, but all the links are down. So can somebody please find me a way to make my files small enough to burn? That's all I need to reach my goal.
Old Mar 30, 2002, 07:18 PM

hey knghtridah67!
ur custom adx have sound quality smaler than the original wave?
i don't get to adjust adxencd to make adx equal to wav
Old Mar 30, 2002, 10:18 PM

yeah, i noticed that too. i'll probably just edit the wave and see if i can make it really loud to compensate for that sound change.