CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Legacy Game Backup > Dreamcast
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Mar 11, 2002, 06:46 PM

Question A DIFFERENT question about the new Dreamcasts--READ IN!!--

sponsored links

I know that you have to make the games in data-audio format for them to work on dc's made after 9/2000. I already have a Dreamcast from 9-9-99. I have no interest in buying a new one. Just a question that might help others and maybe someone wants to look into this.

What if a modchip was made for the new DC that read the audio-data format backups (or just data backups for that matter) and eliminated the process of session switching(and/or the bootdisc)? Is this in any way possible or imaginable? I know that the modchip was made for the old DC.

I know what a modchip does, i'm just not sure if it came out right in my question. Later guys

Last edited by TVDX518; Mar 11, 2002 at 08:35 PM.