CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Legacy Game Backup > Dreamcast
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Mar 13, 2002, 07:40 PM

Default how to burn data-audio-data cd?!?!?

sponsored links

hi!!

i've got a problem, i want to burn a cd, but it has to be a data-audio-data-cd

exactly: one data session (with about 1 file), then a data-session (with about 10 wav-tracks) and then one data session (with 1 iso)
i tried with cdrecord, the first session did well, but i couldn't write the second one.... it gave me a scsi-error (don't have a scsi-burner, but i guess it's normal that the programs communicate over this interface) and hang my pc.
i'm using w2k with a teac cdw512eb....
btw, the 2nd audio-session was burned with this cdrecord command:
cdrecord dev=1,0,0 -multi -audio speed=4 audio\track1.wav audio\track2.wav ... (next wav-files following...)

can anybody help me please??

cu moofi
Old Mar 13, 2002, 10:09 PM
Veteran

Not sure whether you actually mean wav files or audio tracks (there is no such thing as a wav-track). If you mean wave files, they are actually data files (with audio content) so you could burn this all as one data session with a data file before the 10 wave files followed by the iso.

On the other hand if you mean 10 CDDA audio tracks, you can burn this as three sessions, but it will be difficult if not impossible to play in CD players. In order to mix audio tracks with data files you should burn the audio tracks first, folled by the data files as a CD-Extra CD.
Old Mar 14, 2002, 07:04 AM

ups, did i write wav-tracks?!? hmmm, i meant wav-files....

ok... then how can i write this 3 sessions (data, audio, data) with cdrecord??
Old Mar 14, 2002, 02:28 PM
Veteran

Your still confusing terms, if you meant wave files. The three sessions would be data, data, data since wave files are also data (any file on the CD is data). Maybe if you explain the purpose of the three sessions it will help clarify things. Obviously, you are are starting with 10 wave files on the hard drive, but on the CD do you want wave files (playable only by a PC) or audio tracks (playable by any CD player)?
Old Mar 14, 2002, 03:57 PM

hehe, ok...

i want to burn a dreamcast cd... because of having a new dreamcast the first track must be a data-track. the game i want to burn has got some audio-tracks (maybe playable with a standard-cd-player)... so the audio tracks (i've got them as wav-files on my hd) have to follow the first data-track... the game data is the last data track i want to burn... so it'll be a data-audio-data cd...

can you help me please?
Old Mar 17, 2002, 01:23 PM

hmmm, nobody answering?!? doesn't anybody know how to burn such a cd with cdrecord or any other cd-burning tool???