CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Legacy Game Backup > Dreamcast
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Mar 19, 2002, 08:07 AM

sponsored links

hmmm, but the game i'm burning won't be able to read the audio tracks or am i wrong? but yes... it's worth a try...
Old Mar 20, 2002, 12:55 AM

if it works?...the game maybe able to see, and therefore run audio as it will still have riff .wav headers..(i think?...help me out here someone! ;-)..tracks will not be audio standard 2352 bytes per block...they'll be .iso standard 2048 bytes per block, and as such, use up alot more disc space!, but they will still be there...like i said i dunno if it'll work?....couple more ideas that maybe work???...rip out the cdda and do away with it!!?, maybe work..bit of a sh1tty idea tho...or...burn a data session first then and try burning the wavs with the other game files in the second session if u got room?..don't think it'll work but untill u try it, u'll never know...experimental cutting edge stuff ,eh? ;-)
__
arthur_p_huxake
Old Mar 20, 2002, 01:18 PM

I think Discjuggler should do it. Make sure to configure you CD Drives correctly (Tick DMA, etc) - read help pages on setting up Discjuggler when you install it.
Old Mar 20, 2002, 06:05 PM
Veteran

use cdrwin to burn data - audio - data (sounds like you want to make the disc copy-protected) it was the old method for protecting PSX games - too easy to get around though
Old Mar 20, 2002, 06:38 PM
Veteran

He wants to make a DC game with CDDA selfboot on newer DCs but since newer DCs don't boot games with the first session being audio he has to put a data session before the CDDA session and the game data session after that.
Old Mar 21, 2002, 09:01 AM

guys!!!!
IT'S UNBELIEVEABLE!!!!!!!!!!!

ok, here it comes:
i tried to burn these games with cdda-tracks before the data track... thought it won't work due to the fact, that the new dc won't accept cdrs with audio-tracks at the beginning....
BUT they work!!!!!!
the new dc seems only to check whether the first track is the expected dummy-audio-track of 300 sectors (11700lba).... if the audio-track-session is longer it works!!! i tried some games with the standard dummy-audio-track (300sectors) and they did not run on my dc (but they do on a mates dc) then i tried the games with the larger audio-tracks... and they run!!! interesting is also, that most of the "long-cdda-games" got at least 1 dummy-audio-track of 705600 bytes which is as big as the original dummy-audio-tracks... but the dc doesn't recognize it...
that's very lucky.... cause the data-audio-data cds couldn't be really read by the dc... (or i burned them wrong....).
yeah... one more problem solved )
now i've got only probs with these ****ing 45000lba-fix issue...

btw... i'll try to test games with about 350sector audio-track, to prove this hypothesis...

cu moofi