CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Mar 15, 2002, 09:36 AM
Veteran

sponsored links

If your games run perfectly and you loose no sound and video quality during the FMV sequences then maybe the laser is just having to work harder or it may have a film of grease or dust over the lens on the laser eye.

You could try a cd cleaning disk (from any games store) , they are quite cheap, you may have some fine dust particles in there afterall the ps2 fan sucks the air through at a fair old rate that any airnourne dust or impurities would end up in there.

It is worth a try, if it doesn't work I would just keep playing the ps2 in the same manor until it dies it could well go on strong for some more years yet.
Old Mar 15, 2002, 04:15 PM

I have come to the conclusion it is only CD games that I am having problems with, DVD games are perfect.

I am going to give a lens cleaner a go and then if that doesn't work I might try delving into the unit

Dave