CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Mar 15, 2002, 01:50 PM

Unhappy messiah or neo4 help please!!!!!

sponsored links

hey guys,
i have been thinking about getting one of these chips for my ps2 but i wanted feedback on both. i know the messiah is direct boot while the neo 4 still requires a swap. the question is, which is more reliable? i am also thinking about sending my ps2 to www.eccsmods.com to have them install the chip for me. i just want to know where they are located and whether they are reliable enough for me to send them my ps2. in order to do this though, i ultimately have to choose which chip is better for me. i have a v5 ps2 so i hope there aren't any compatability issues either. let me know if any of you have any pertinent information on this issue.
Old Mar 15, 2002, 01:57 PM
Veteran

For a V5 I would recommend a Messiah mod if your only bothered about a no-swap mod, Neo4 does multi-region DVD playback and also removes Macro-vision but you can add these chips to a Messiah modded PS2 if you want...and eccsmods is very reliable, not used him myself but he seems to get nothing but good reports on his installs.
Old Mar 15, 2002, 02:27 PM

I have a NEO4 and it works greats. Direct boots everything except DVDr, unpatched EA games and original imports.

If I had the chance of getting a Messiah back then I would have definitely taken that route instead of the NEO4. The Messiah has less wires and boots everything! I would have gotten an "M" clone, but unfortunately they were not available for the NTSC PS2's at that time.

By the way ECCSMOD is also the place where I bought my NEO4. Very reliable.