CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Mar 15, 2002, 06:08 PM

Default Questions

sponsored links

Just had some questions to ask, an answer to any of these, appreciated.

1) With Gameshark 1.3, do you not have to have a modchip to play PS2 cdr's?

2) Is Gameshark ver 2 disc burnable? Mine is scrathed up and takes 10 up to 40 minutes to load it correctly w/o a Read Disc Error.

3) Most of my burned PS1 games aren't booting up now, is there a disc I can buy to put in my PS2 to clean it up?

4) Where can I get ahold of a Devil May Cry demo disc so I can start playing 1:1 DVD-R's.

Sorry so many questions, but I'm hoping I'll get some answers.
Old Mar 15, 2002, 06:19 PM

1. yes, you don't need a GS2 to play cdrs games, but you do need to have a PS2 version 3 and below plus knows how to do the knife tricks.

2. yes, it's burnable, there is a download version some where too. But to see if you GS2 version 1.3 will boot up it's own GS2 version 1.3 backups then boot up GS2 version 1.3 and when it ask you to insert your games, just press eject and eject again to close with the GS2 version 1.3 disk still in there, then see if it will boots up. If it boot up, that's means you can use the backups image of it.

3. don't really knows

4. Gamestop at 1.99 - 2.99 bucks.
Old Mar 15, 2002, 06:30 PM

Default Re: Questions

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by WizXtreme [/i]
[B]2) Is Gameshark ver 2 disc burnable? Mine is scrathed up and takes 10 up to 40 minutes to load it correctly w/o a Read Disc Error.
[/B]

I don't have GS 1.3, I have the newest one in Wal-Mart, I was just wondering if 1.3 could boot up games w/o modchip. So is there still a DL for GS Version 2?

Thanks D-M-N-C or anyone else.