CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Mar 15, 2002, 07:07 PM

Default tweaking the ps2 laser

sponsored links

I just posted a message about trying to get ps2 to boot dvdrs with DMC demo on a US version 1 ps2 with gameshark 2 version 1.99d. Ive read a bit about tweaking your laser (most notably the height adjustment) and I have a question about this. I tried doing what was described (rotate the white cog thats at the end of the drive bay counter clockwise 4-5 notches), but when I boot my ps2 the cog returns to the same initial position.

Before I moved the cog initially I marked its orientation with a marker so I could put it back if somethine went wrong, but when I power up my ps2 with the cover open to see what this cog does at powerup it ALWAYS returns to the exact same spot (where I had initally marked the pen). I have a modchip installed, so is this tweak meant for people without a modchip? Maybe I am adjusting the wrong cog? I cant see that because it seems this is the one everyone is talking about (its white, right in the back middle of the drive, and about 1 inch or so in diameter). Any ideas on why this is happening, or is this normal?