CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Legacy Game Backup
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Mar 21, 2002, 10:49 AM

sponsored links

As said already when the gc is cracked it will be via an external addon with its own cd/dvd drive just like the n64, its only a matter of time. I reckon during the summer, but thats only a guess. THe xbox however will be much more complicated and will imprve some sortt of mod chip i imagen but again this is all speculation. As to the question, I reckon the gc first!
Old Mar 21, 2002, 11:24 AM
Veteran

Go read the channeltech's site. There it is on the front page. Gamecube is already cracked. Panasonic has made it's own version of gamecube which is capable of playing dvd movies, and that way it's been cracked as a code-free dvd player + import game playing. There's no mention about backup's but don't think it's a problem as the panasonic gc model has a normal dvd drive instead of nintendo's stupid mini-dvd thingie.
Old Mar 21, 2002, 01:26 PM

Default xbox

most like pc and uses conventional disks unlike the gamecube.
Microsoft gets hacked quite easily too (ever that or people aim for them)
Old Mar 21, 2002, 03:42 PM
Veteran

i think the xbox, i mean windows protections are so lame that even before windows xp was released, there were already cracks over the internet and stuff
Old Mar 21, 2002, 04:38 PM
Veteran

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by exzapel [/i]
[B]well from the looks of it xbox already has bcuz they already started emulating it(at least making emulators) and if they make that kind progress they will crack x box first [/B]

duh..what kind of logic is that? They are all fake emulators. A handful of fake emulators floating around does not imply that something was cracked.
Old Mar 21, 2002, 07:13 PM

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by QWERTY [/i]
[B]

duh..what kind of logic is that? They are all fake emulators. A handful of fake emulators floating around does not imply that something was cracked. [/B]
actually they've been proven to work