CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics > Computer Networking & Security
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Mar 17, 2002, 03:00 PM

Exclamation 'Little incodent' on here a few weeks back if u know what i think u should read in!

sponsored links

As some of u may well remember a few weeks back some forums on here where hacked after smurfy's password was stolen well the hacker had put a post up that led everyone 'that sore it' to read it and if u did u may remember a little pixel started bouncing around the screen and loads of windows started popping up which caused your computer to crash. I then run a virus check using 'Norton Anti Virus' and it did not find anything wrong. So i thought nothing of it, then on thursday night my computer just shut itself down and kept re-booting over and over something had wiped my DMOS and BIOS and left my processor cold and after spending hours on trying to get it up and running i gave up. My computer is on a network of 4 computers and slowly one by one the same thing has happened now i only have one left up and running. But the only reason i suspect their was a virus embedded in this post which caused the computers to die. is that the second computer on my network that died suddenly had loads of white lines come up over the screen and inside the white lines was a little pixel bouncing around! So everybody YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED! this is a very destructive virus! But it may have not been the virus in the post but looks that way! I would advise everyone to do a viruse check before it is too late! I hope by doing this it will save u alot of time and hassel thanks.
Old Mar 18, 2002, 07:50 AM

i had something similar too that happening last night lots of windows popped up and crashed internet exploerer is this the same as you?
Old Mar 18, 2002, 09:48 AM
Veteran

Time and time again I have advised to turn off ActiveX Active scripting and Java scripting if you insist on using IE. I would also strongly advise reading this post ***********.cdrom-guide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=44228 and follow the instructions for the registery hack.

Do this on all except one of the accounts on your computer. The one that you don't do it on must have Admin rights and use this account only for accessing the windows update site. Don't use it for any other site and don't use Outlook or Outlook Express on this account.

Doing this would probably have prevented the problems that vanishing_master experienced though there is no guarantee of this.
Old Mar 23, 2002, 10:38 PM
Veteran

hi it killed one of my pcs as well luckily it was disconnected from the network though, wat happened was that basicly it buggered up the bios and im still unable to fix it cud some1 please help me i hav been told there are jumper settings which will reset the main board for me, cudnt i just take tha bat out?
Old Apr 02, 2002, 07:25 PM
Veteran

Well i am still here and have not had any of those symptoms tho i have reformated my h/d but this was done at least 4-5 days after the said event

Also after the said event I ran a full virus scan and trojan scan which all came up clean. From what me and another mod think it was just a simple case of a certain website stealing cookies unfortunatley forum rules dont allow me to post

[IMG]***********.cdrom-guide.com/forums/imgs/schlaubi.gif[/IMG]I just need a stick about this big to make a fishing rod
Old Apr 03, 2002, 01:06 PM
User Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by smurfy [/i]
[B]From what me and another mod think it was just a simple case of a certain website stealing cookies unfortunatley forum rules dont allow me to post [/B]
True, but you can email me the website so I don't go there