CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Legacy Game Backup > Dreamcast
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Mar 17, 2002, 08:03 PM

Default *idiot needs help* making an ISO file

sponsored links

First, big thanks to anyone giving this topic a look.

I've been trying put the SegaGEN (hacked smash pack) emulator on disk, but all of the tools I've tried have flopped in my face. I still have the files downloaded from dcemulation long, long ago and they don't work on my system. I get some error when I follow all the steps. Geesss I don't even know where to begin, so I'm just gonna ask what do you guys recomend to make an ISO then make it selfbootable?

system is a P2 400, 256megs, 8gig hd, lite-on 32x12x40x running Win98
Old Mar 18, 2002, 01:48 AM

hi m8..

i assume u have plain files and are trying to burn selfboot..yeah?..ok, get cdrecord tools, echelon tutorial and follow it to the letter..., if u have tried this already without success, it's most likely that ur burning the first session (audio.raw) with cdrecord, thus pushing offset of first session to 0,11702 ..then trying to use binhack to hack 1st_read.bin to this offset yeah? ..well, binhack wont work m8, it'll search out and hack the 8th and 7th bytes in front of the _first_ 'cd001' text string ..whereas, smash's 1st_read.bin has _2_ 'cd001' references and it's the 8th and 7th bytes in front of the_second_ reference that needs to be hacked in order to boot the game from 0,11702 offset.. u can only hack this with a hexeditor ( i think?..there are other binary hacking tools but i never used them) also there are 3 other .bins that need to hacked making a total of 4 bin files that need hacking...

1st_read.bin change 8th and 7th bytes in front of 2nd 'cd001' reference from.. 5A2E ..to.. 5C2E
ginreset.bin change 8th and 7th bytes in front of 1st 'cd001' reference from.. 5A2E ..to.. 5C2E
manifest.bin change 8th and 7th bytes in front of 1st 'cd001' reference from.. 5A2E ..to.. 5C2E
mde_us.bin change 8th and 7th bytes in front of 1st 'cd001' reference from.. 5A2E ..to.. 5C2E

the easy way round this is to burn the first session with cdrwin ..providing u can tick the 'open new session' box ..which should give u first session offset value of 0,11700 ..thus no need for binhack...bingo!

sorry if this is confusing m8.. having read it before posting i gotta say that it's confused the hell outta me and i wrote it!...but don't know how to word it differently so as to make it legible ...who's the idiot?...heheh....in other words don't be so hard on urself.. ;-)
__
arthur_p_huxake

Last edited by arthur_p_huxake; Mar 18, 2002 at 01:52 AM.
Old Mar 18, 2002, 11:08 AM

hi arthur!!!

hmm, seems to me that you've got good knowledge about this bin-hacking-stuff?!?

ahem, may i ask you, whether you've got knowledge about this 45000lba-fix thing... therefore it is said that you have also to hack many bin files in order to get e.g. f355 to run....

cu moofi
Old Mar 18, 2002, 01:40 PM

cheers moofi!...blue's thread nicely hijacked _and_ me put on the spot too!...heheh ;-)

never had to p1ss about with 45000 trick meself so can't help u much, and i don't have the games ur messin with either...<backpedals and ducks for cover> goto.selfboot is down too..bah!...check this out... ********internetconvoy.com/4500.htm ..may have some answers for u

btw, i posted some stuff on data-data burns awhile back...can't seem to find it in the archives, and it's a bit cheeky to post it in this thread so check out the other data-data thread on this page

shades of blue...if u still need help, check out the faq, post back and try to be a little more specific about whats going wrong?...else it's nightmare city trying to explain it all!...goodluck with the burn m8
__
arthur_p_huxake

Last edited by arthur_p_huxake; Mar 18, 2002 at 01:52 PM.
Old Mar 18, 2002, 09:20 PM

Thanks, I'll give it a try once I download those tools, the ones I used came included in the original zip and just about any other tool I used did no better too. Hopefully I'll have enough understanding of what you said and my pc does not choke on me....
Old Mar 21, 2002, 10:15 PM

Alright, I finally got around to trying it again...

First off your way ahead of me. I used the cdrecord and msinfo progs, but both don't work. So I downloaded a prog called self boot buddy pro. Again, same deal. However, using the bin2boot option I was able to make a cdi file and burn it with discjuggler. But the disk did not self boot and did nothing using boot disk too. (BTW tried cdi2nero too, same deal)