CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > DVD
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Mar 20, 2002, 10:50 PM

Angry Pioneer A03, Lawsuit. RE: burning speed

sponsored links

Hi

If like me you are p***ed off that you bought a shiny new Pioneer DVR-A03 to burn your DVD artwork at 2X speed only to find that unless you use Pioneer media (or a few other expensive disk brands) that you can only burn at 1X speed, then please visit the link at the bottom of this page to sign the petition. You can also join in the class action lawsuit that is being started from the same link.

Don't let Pioneer get away with this situation, they don't mention the speed restrictions in any advertisements or on the packaging so in a word they are misleading us all. Don't be fooled by the Vob software they now include with the drive telling you it is burning at X2 (it also tells you it will take 30mins), if you actually time it you will see its about 60 minutes and really only burning at X1.

They are cheating you out of the your right to burn with your choice of media at the advertised speed, they have locked the firmware to only recognise a few expensive brands and they won't even tell you which brands they are, apart from the Pioneer brand of course. They may also tell you that the other media isn't capable of X2 and thatís why they are not letting you burn at X2, but just because they haven't tested it doesnít mean it wouldn't work, the media company should know if the blanks they create are good for X2 or not. They are not protecting you from burning coasters, they are it seems only protecting there own finances. They should be stopped and made to redress this balance, how dare they mislead us in this way.

Pioneer petition & class action lawsuit:- [URL=***********.petitiononline.com/pdvdr/petition.html]***********.petitiononline.com/pdvdr/petition.html

or visit the petition forum at:- [URL=********pub16.ezboard.com/bdvdwriters]********pub16.ezboard.com/bdvdwriters

Please note: I have posted this msg on a few other boards, so you may have already seen it, sorry if that is the case but I feel this needs to be read by has many people as possible. Please feel free to either add a link to this or copy it to another board, but if you copy it please mention that I am the original author.

Thanks Mandlebrot
Old Mar 21, 2002, 08:09 AM

Mine works fine at x2 using Pioneer AND Princo
Old Mar 21, 2002, 11:30 AM

How long does it take you to burn a Pioneer ?

How long does it take you to burn a Princo?
Old Mar 21, 2002, 03:51 PM
Veteran

Pioneer doesn't mention a speed restriction because there is none. You either don't know what your doing, your drive is defective, the cheap media you are using isn't up to par for burning at full speed, or the capabilities of the system you have the drive installed on restrict it from burning at full speed. (would you rather burn slower or risk getting an expensive coaster?).

Even with regular CD-R\CD-RW drives that happens if any of the circumstances I mentioned above are present. The number of people who have posted to these forums asking why they can't burn CD-R's at full speed proves that.

Starting or joining some pathetic class action suit won't solve YOUR problem.

(opps I ment Pioneer not Panasonic)

Last edited by QWERTY; Mar 23, 2002 at 01:45 PM.
Old Mar 21, 2002, 06:14 PM
Veteran

i have the pioneer A03 and there is no way that i can burn at 2X
Gear Pro DVD doesnt even give me the option to write at 2X
I use Princo media with no success at all.
Even places like www.121cdr.co.uk advertise the disks at 1x which obviously means that there is an issue with Pioneer drives and these disks. i doubt that princo set out to make 1x compatible only disks.
Old Mar 21, 2002, 06:42 PM

qwerty posted

Panasonic doesn't mention a speed restriction because there is none. You either don't know what your doing, your drive is defective, the cheap media you are using isn't up to par for burning at full speed, or the capabilities of the system you have the drive installed on restrict it from burning at full speed. (would you rather burn slower or risk getting an expensive coaster?).

Even with regular CD-R\CD-RW drives that happens if any of the circumstances I mentioned above are present. The number of people who have posted to these forums asking why they can't burn CD-R's at full speed proves that.

Starting or joining some pathetic class action suit won't solve YOUR problem.

now either he/she cant read or he/she is not a pioneer(my reference goes to her/his mention of the panasonic refernce) ao3 owner in wich case the truth and the obvious is that the pioneer ao3 will not allow you to burn at 2x on all media unless the firmware of the drive allows you to This is as the above post sugests "A MISLEADING FACT ABOUT THE ITEMS CAPABILITYS"
and therefor a possible cause for discussion

PLEASE EXCUSE MY SPELLIIIING