CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Mar 24, 2002, 04:09 AM
Veteran

Default "No-Mod" games for PS2????

sponsored links

what is this?!?! i see it now quite often on this board and on other sites that offer patches
1. how does it work and what do i need to play them besides a "stock" PS2?
2. are these CDR or DVDR games?
3. if CDR is alot of the game ripped out?
Old Mar 24, 2002, 05:27 AM

Default knife trick

the only way (that i know of anyway) without modding your console in any way, is the knife/tool trick to play PS2 games.
this does not require a mod chip to be placed in your PS2, therfore saving your warranty.
check out couzin fizz's web-site for information on the knife trick!!!

you will need to purchase an AR2 to be able to boot these backups!

all the best
Old Mar 24, 2002, 12:30 PM

lessens the file on cd to 650MB/74 mins so it will run with AR2/GS2, games were originally dvd usually large movies ripped or downsampled to fit
Old Mar 24, 2002, 01:08 PM

There are some sites and some people in this forum claiming to sell no mod games. From what they told me, you just need to swap them with a gameshark and you are good to go. I have no idea if this actually works or not but I would be interested to hear from anyone who has some of these games.
Old Mar 24, 2002, 01:48 PM
Veteran

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by Btaggs [/i]
[B]There are some sites and some people in this forum claiming to sell no mod games. From what they told me, you just need to swap them with a gameshark and you are good to go. I have no idea if this actually works or not but I would be interested to hear from anyone who has some of these games. [/B]
thats the ones im talking about
the "No-mod" people who sell these games dont mention the knife trick so i want to kno if i need anything else to play them and how those games are
Old Mar 24, 2002, 03:16 PM
User Awaiting Email Confirmation

the cd (it says compact disk on the back cover) are 1:1 exactly the same
dvd rips have sometimes movies or sound missing but nothing to worry about. i have about 60 games that work but i think there are about 200 that work
read couzin fizz's web-site ! i use the card trick ,my 8 year old son can do it on his own.