CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Mac User
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Mar 24, 2002, 07:52 AM

Unhappy Imac Ps2

sponsored links

Hi, just had a couple of quick questions for ya. I have a red imac. 9g hardrive, 1g memory. Iomega zip cd 650, and toast 5.1. I have burned psx backups easily by just using disk copy on toast and they work fine. but when I try to back up a back up PS2 game it wont work. I'm not trying to burn a real game, I'm just trying to burn a backup and I assume it would be easier but they never play. the backup I'm trying to burn plays perfects but the backup of the backup never plays. I'm using verbatim, tdk, maxell, I've tried all but all I get are coasters. i just don't get it. I've even used asarte and saved an image file and tried to burn that but it still didn't work. I assumed that since the backup that I wanna burn works perfectly then my burned cd would work as well. Am I doing something wrong? please help. Thanks.
Old Mar 24, 2002, 04:01 PM

just load up toast and make a disc image and then burn ,its very easy
Old Mar 25, 2002, 02:59 AM

Hi M8

What burner are u using.

I had this problem and it turned out to be my usb burner.
Old Mar 25, 2002, 07:35 AM

Yeah, I'm using an iomega zip cd 650 USB burner. That's the only thing I think can be wrong.
Old Mar 27, 2002, 08:36 AM

Yes i thought so

That is the same burner i had with my imac. It was the same, it was ok with psx 1 backups but not with psx2. I think it is down to a weak burn on the usb iomega. Have u got ur ps2 chipped. I did and it would not work using the chip but would boot ok using the knife method. Is it the same for u.
Old Mar 29, 2002, 04:41 AM

Hi
I have the same problem and still don't know haw to resolve it!
I have an imac and a yamaha firewire CD-RW!
I can burn ps1 games w/out problem, but know, w/ ps2 games, it doesn't work!
I also try to burn theme on the internal DVD-R from the new imac, but same result!
I use toast 5 and make cd copy, and the new backup doesn't boot on my ps2, somebody use the same writer as me?