CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Mac User
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Mar 29, 2002, 10:42 AM

sponsored links

What speed are u burning at. I would burn at a max of 4 times as the ps2 laser i a bit naf. Also try using a good disc verbs or datasafe. I had the same problems as u, got a new g4 quicksilver and it is spot on. The new imac has the same dvd writer as the g4(ao3) so assume it is something to do with the discs or the way u are burnin them. I use toast to save it as a disc image and then burn it back from the hard drive rather than a disc copy. Give it a go and see how u get on.
Old Mar 30, 2002, 07:34 AM

I burned it at 2 or 4 time!
I also tried to save as disk image w/ toast w/ the new imac, but nothing to do, still don't work!!
I don't think the cd is the reson, because I tried to burn a ps2 backup from a ps2 backup. The first backup was a TDK and I tried to copy it on a same TDK, so, still don't know the reson!
Old Mar 30, 2002, 10:44 AM

YES! I burn 2 games successfully just now!
The problem was very stupid! --> I found out that the problem was: I had to click write Disk instead of Write session!!!
This is very stupid, but it's what make me use 10 cd's for nothing!
I wich that it can help u jonathonpowers, try it and tell me if it works!?
Old Apr 17, 2002, 01:02 PM

It's always a good Idea to use Write Disk if you're doing anything that you don't want to add too later. e.g. backup audio cd's.
Old Apr 17, 2002, 07:11 PM

Don't you all know that Playstation 2 games are DVD-ROMS?? PS2 Games are on a 4.7 Gig DVD-ROM disk, they aren't on the normal 650 meg CD-ROM! Unless you have a DVD-ROM reader and/or a DVD burner than you can't burn PS2 games! BTW, DVD burners cost around $400-$600 and the DVD-R/DVD+R disks cost from $3-$5! And if you don't know what a DVD burner is, it is the same as an Apple SuperDrive. Unless you are really desperate, know what you are doing, will you be able to backup PS2 games. You should also know that all DVD-ROM disks are encryted!
-Steve
Old Apr 19, 2002, 01:04 PM
Veteran

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by phreek89 [/i]
[B]Don't you all know that Playstation 2 games are DVD-ROMS?? PS2 Games are on a 4.7 Gig DVD-ROM disk, they aren't on the normal 650 meg CD-ROM! Unless you have a DVD-ROM reader and/or a DVD burner than you can't burn PS2 games! BTW, DVD burners cost around $400-$600 and the DVD-R/DVD+R disks cost from $3-$5! And if you don't know what a DVD burner is, it is the same as an Apple SuperDrive. Unless you are really desperate, know what you are doing, will you be able to backup PS2 games. You should also know that all DVD-ROM disks are encryted!
-Steve [/B]
I would say 85% of all new games are on dvd roms
(Virtual Figher 4 is a cd)

I would say that for the first 1.5 years that about the ratio was about
60-40 60% dvd games 40% cd-roms so there are a lot of cd games out there and a lot of dvd-rips (DVD's placed on CD that have some video or audio content missing but a lot if not most of the gameplay still intact)
I would say that about 90% of all dvd are able to be made into dvd-rips right now

Also if you check pricewatch.com you can get a dvd writer for $330 and if you get a powermac apple has just changed its build to oder price of $200 for a superdrive in a low end G4

Also PS2 games are very easy to copy I have posted exact instructions on this very page if you look at the "how to back that thing up......article"

Hope that helps