CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > VideoCD
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Mar 25, 2002, 05:37 AM

Default SVCD error - cannot copy

sponsored links

My LOTR CD 2 SVCD is playing up. I can watch it OK on a standalone DVD player, but it has errors when I play it on the PC.
I've tried to do a 1-2-1 copy of the disc, but it freezes at about 2% complete (using Nero).
When I try to copy the mpg file to the hard drive, it too drops out and says it cannot read from the disc.

I managed to extract the file using CDR diagnostics, but had to 'ignore all errors' for it to copy. The file is 700MB, but only plays for about 2 minutes and then stops.

I've tried to multiplex it using TMPGEnc but it only loads this first 2 minutes into the program, and ignotes the last 60 minutes!

I've tried cutting with virtual dub, but it comes as out of memory after about 1 minute (is this my PC - Athlon 900 500MB RAM).

Any help would be appreciated - desperation calls!
Old Mar 25, 2002, 08:02 AM
Veteran

A couple of possibilities you can try.

Try re-encoding it using tmpg rather than a multiplex, just as if you were encoding from avi to mpeg.

If this doesn't work my other other option would be to find the frame that it dies on, and use tmpg to cut the frame out and then join back together, albeit with a frame missing.

Or just d/l it again.

HTH, T.
Old Mar 25, 2002, 08:15 AM

Thanks T. I have not tried re-encoding it through, which I will.
I did try tmpg to cut the frame out, but it only showed the first two minutes of the fmpg, and not the whole one. I don't know if there is something wrong with the header or something that tells it it's only 2 minutes long? The file is the right size, it starts to judder just after two minutes, then I cannot play it anymore.

I bought the disc a while ago, so cannot dl again!

Cheers for the help