CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Legacy Game Backup
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Mar 27, 2002, 02:45 PM

sponsored links

Did you try the import player ?
Old Mar 29, 2002, 12:33 PM

Default Yeah, that was me

I really hope that helps you out. It was about as straight foward as I could make it. No one showed any interest in it before, as they posted messages that basically said that it was stupid to use this method as it is so much easier to just mod your playstation. Good luck with it. I would like to hear what games are now playable (should be all but multi-disk games now that don't allow you to save in between disk switches, a la Metal Gear Solid, etc.)

edit: I don't think that copy-protection has to do with it when playing the games on the Playstation itself, as long as you make a good copy. Usually, copy protection pertains to not being able to make a copy that works with your CD burner, or protection to where even when you make a good copy, you cannot play the game because it has modchip protection from certain chips. The codes that you can find can bypass this when using the PS-X-Change 2, and btw, the games that have modchip protection can make only a very small list

edit 2: OH, and I think the first disc in Street figher Collection has plenty of tracks, so if you have that, try it. Plus, it isnt that bad of a game to own.

edit 3: A lot of edits, but worth it - I just checked a disc image of the Importplayer boot disc that I found online (I know burned boot discs don't work, but man, people still try!) And it only has one track as well. It is probably just as good as the PS-X Change 2, and i'll bet my "track trick" will work with it as well, but no use buying it if you already have a PS-X-Change, as it has no extra functions that I know of.

Last edited by mmortal03; Mar 29, 2002 at 12:52 PM.
Old Mar 29, 2002, 01:04 PM

Default Re: Yeah, that was me

Why is it that it seems I am the only one who can play both discs of Metal Gear Solid using the PS-X-Change? It's simple to do, but a bit tricky to get use too.

1)Once the MGS disc stops remove the spring.

2)Put the spring back in so that disc one is spinning.

3)After about 1 sec rip the disc out and put in disc 2. You need to time this right as once the 1st disc is removed the cd spinner will rotate in 2 bursts before stopping altogether. You need to have disc 2 in after the 1st burst and before the second, then it will start spinning and you can continue.

If you mess up just put disc 1 back in and repeat, you should be able to get it to work eventually but it may take a few tries.
Old Apr 04, 2002, 07:37 AM
Veteran

I did try what you suggested, and it did'nt work, mayby the copy i have is shiz?

Anyone
Old Apr 04, 2002, 10:58 AM

Exclamation didn't work

John, r u talking about MGS or loading xtra tracks using the CD player?

I made a backup of PacMan w/c has 26 or so tracks. Couldn't get it to load using psx-change like I said before, so I used the original PacMan disk in the CD player to load the xtra tracks that psx-change doesn't have, inserted psx-change, hit exit, put in backup of PacMan-- no go. doesn't work.

I haven't tried the import player bec. i don't have any imports. has any1 gotten this Cd player track loading thing to work in the past?
Old Apr 04, 2002, 03:14 PM

I tried the cd player thing once and could not get it to work. Try the import player as it has anti mod functions as well. try this one ***********.megagames.com/psx/psx_utils_bootcd.shtml
use the one under importplayer.