CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Mar 28, 2002, 03:42 AM

sponsored links

Yeah... ur install is dodgy. PS2 CDR should boot, let your installer check the wiring.
Old Mar 28, 2002, 07:46 AM
Veteran

It doesn't matter what media you burned or how fast you burn at. It's about your LASER! You should clean your laser with a qtip dipped in lighter fluid. The lasers on PS2's are CHEAP! Although V5 lasers seem a bit better.

It probably not the install because if the install was bad, NO CDR/DVDR's would boot.
Old Mar 28, 2002, 09:25 AM
Veteran

i had this problem with my first messiah

when you put a disk in it want to dvd play interface and text appeared saying soemthing about an error
there was nothing wrong with the disk they worked on my neo2.2 perfect

this happened 3-10 times but seemed to be getting worse

when i got my second messiah there wasnt a problem - games botted perfectly

i am more then certain it was a problem with the ps2/modchip

Last edited by listuk; Mar 28, 2002 at 12:01 PM.
Old Mar 28, 2002, 09:52 AM
Veteran

it probably is 1 wire on the isntall. If your install was fine ps2 cdr's would work because dvdr's take more out of your laser anyways. It does have a lot to do with media and burning speed mod dogs and you for one should know that. The better the media and slower the speed the easier it is for the laser to read (not trying to ryhme hehe). I for one know that because when I was using the USB mod on my gt3 bundle pack I couldn't play games burned at 4x but could at 2x and loaded even better at 1x. Also GTA3 used to have that problem of not loading fast enough and having translucent roads so I burned it at 1x on TDK media and boom wokrs fine. But I must also say now that I have the pheonix/messiah chip installed it works with all games burned at any speed.
Old Mar 28, 2002, 11:45 AM
Veteran

mine works every time but i only play original discs tried a few psx backups and they were fine all verb media

it must be the discs or speed they were burnt at
Old Mar 28, 2002, 12:02 PM
Veteran

by the way - my disks were verbs burnt at 4x