CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Legacy Game Backup > Dreamcast
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Mar 28, 2002, 09:01 PM
Veteran

Question Vet turns Newbie - General DC Burning Help Needed

sponsored links

As above, PSX vet turns DC newbie ... hope someone can offer some suggestions.

I have yet to burn a working game or even the boot disc using DiscJuggler 3.50.800 and Verbatims (both Valu & Data Lifes). I'm not sure if it's DJ or the discs.

I burned -one- working disc (the Utopic boot disc) using Nero and Memorex. Now before I go out and buy a ton of Memorex CDs (which the PSX hates), can someone offer some assistance?

The settings are fine b/c these are d/l games atm. Such a thing as a badly cracked DJ (like CDRWin with the blacklisted serials)? Turning out coasters on purpose?

Also, for future reference ... what should the settings be on games I rip? (i.e. Mode 2, block size ???, etc)

TIA for any help you can offer.
Old Mar 28, 2002, 09:10 PM

You could have a messed up DJ. You could also have a bad batch of cdr's(not likely though). Memorex cdr's work fine for me so long as they arent the black ones. Verbatims are excellent.

Chances are you won't need a boot disc unless the game is very old. Most of them are self-bootable. My advice would be to try Nero for your burning. Has never failed me. You need not change any of the settings when using it either.
Old Mar 28, 2002, 10:14 PM
Veteran

A bad crack for both CDRwin and Discjuggler could be a problem yes.
Old Mar 28, 2002, 10:36 PM

I tend to have problems with DiscJggler, so I use cdi2nero to convert all my .cdi files to .nrg and then burn with nero (which you seem to have been successful doing)
Old Mar 29, 2002, 04:02 AM
Veteran

Thanx for the replies all ... Verbs have always worked for me too, just not on the DC thus far ... thought maybe DC didn't like Verbs. I'll try a different version of DJ and then I'll try cdi2nero. Unfortunately, I'll have to copy my rar files to a cd and transfer them to another PC b/c I can't run any DOS programs atm (new, totally unrelated problem)
Old Mar 29, 2002, 10:49 AM

Try getting Discjuggler 3.0 as it is a more stable version. Sometimes you need to change the mode to Mode 1 instead of Audio, I had to do that with Last Blade 2. You can still get DJ 3.0 on download.com.

Hope this Helps
Skapunk21