CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics > Computer Networking & Security
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jan 18, 2002, 11:39 AM

Talking Get Yourself Probed!!

sponsored links

If you want to test you firewalls capacity to stop intruders try this - the Shields Up - at this address.

********grc.com/

Feed back on this post would be interesting.

The above address is the front door entrance, not a circumvented one I posted earlier. Sorry for any confusion.

Last edited by kasimir the great; Jan 19, 2002 at 02:09 PM.
Old Jan 18, 2002, 11:59 PM
Banned

Thumbs down Shields UP Could be a BAD JOKE!!!

Well I tried Shields Up four times and it told me the wrong IP address and said I had 3 ports open. Well the funny part is ZoneAlarm log no hits during the test. So I went to [URL=***********.dslreports.com/scan]DSL Reports Sheild Probe and did that test. Well ZA told me over 500 hits and the test told me: Conclusion: Healthy Setup! We could detect nothing interesting on any of the default ports on your IP address. Your computer appears to be a hard target. Well done!
So now you know why I could think the first test could be a joke. Just my two cents.

Old Jan 19, 2002, 05:55 AM

Cool

The Shields Up is no joke. The site is run and maintained by Steve Gibson - check his credentials out. Perhaps it's just a glitch on your particular probe.

I had notification that someone was trying to access my computer a little while after the post - all I had to do was press a button and access was denied!!

Thanks for the feed back.