CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Legacy Game Backup
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Apr 15, 2002, 04:02 AM
Administrator

Post Faq

sponsored links

need everyone to help with some input for the faq dummie section. what we need is dummies guides to using NERO, DISKJUGGLER, WINonCD etc to help folks burning and patching. I have done the one for cdrwin and need other too for the rest of the progs, you will be credited for the work too. Please don't stick the same nes in the folder that are already there, need them to be clear and step by step too, look at my cdrwin for dummies folder to see the format needed, many thanx
The Psyches

[thank you The Psyches]
Old Apr 15, 2002, 04:02 AM
Administrator

[list=1][*]Set 'NUMBER OF RETRIES BEFORE READ ERROR' to the max value of 10 This will try and read the data on a scratched or dirty disc 10 times before failing.[*]Uncheck the 'READ MEDIA CATALOG NUMBER' box.[*]Check the 'IGNORE ILLEGAL TOC' box.[*]In the 'DATA TRACKS' box check the radio button to 'CONTINUE COPYING'.[*]In 'DATA MODE 1' check the 'FORCE RAW READING'[*]On error's 'WRITE UNCORRECTED'.[*]In the 'AUDIO TRACKS' box only check the 'IGNORE READ ERROR'S' box.[*]Click on the 'BURN' tab.[/list=1]

[list=1][*]For the first couple of times when making backups in the 'ACTION' box check on the 'DETERMINE MAX SPEED, SIMULATION AND WRITE' box's.[*]When you know that your copies are good only check the 'WRITE' box. Set the 'WRITE SPEED' to 1x.[*]Click on the 'COPY CD' button.[/list=1]

After an image of your PSX game has been made to the 'PSX_IMAGE/PSX_Name.img' file on your harddrive you will be asked to put in a blank CD-R disc. Click on OK and after the image has been burnt to disc you will have a perfect backup copy.

Psyches
This is a walk through for nero I don't deserve any credit I got it from ***********.aqik1.co.uk/ . But this worked for me, and believe me I had my problems with this program. you might also mention that it does not get along well with other software.

[thank you wild willie]
Old Apr 15, 2002, 04:03 AM
Administrator

How 2 copy with Psxcopy by sHiVeR

short and simple version

nb: make sure that you have the "auto insert tab ticked off in the control/systems folder
[list=1][*]Click the "Cd Copy Button[*]Put the Psx disc in the cdrom drive and a CDR disc in the cdr drive "each cdrom will have a description on what in the drive"[*]Press little red button[*]Record on x2 speed (recommended) then choose if u want to make a test copy or burn it right away[*]Kick back and open a can and just wait!!!!!!!!!!!![*]Welcome to the world of Psx copying[/list=1]

How to patch coming soon!!!

[Thank you sHiVeR]
Old Apr 15, 2002, 04:04 AM
Administrator

VOB Instant CD Wizard

First off make sure you have the newest version available and all the updates for drivers
(cdrsoft.net has the download and vob.de is the official site for this program)

Run Mutlicopy (a part of the VOB Instant CD Wizard suite) if you see a button labled "Details" click it, if not look for the following tabs and set the following options on each tab:

Write (tab):

Write: Disc at Once
Closing Method: Close CD
Write Speed: 2x (burn higher if you have a better PSX but 2x is safest)

Read (tab):

Data Read Speed: Maximum
Audio Read Speed: Maximum
(Leave software and hardware retries at defaults)

Now depending on the what you are backing up do the following:

To back up a really clean original (NO scratches) on the fly:

On the Write tab make sure the "Write to Hard Disk First" is not checked.

On the General tab set the "Error Handling" to "Stop Copying on Errors". Warning: If your disc has any scratches or problems being read halfway through the burn may fail wasting a CDR!

Recommended: To burn a scratched disc (try to recover a scratched disc or improve its
performance) or just be safe:

On the General tab set "Error Handling" to Ignore Errors" (this will force Write to Hard Disc First to be checked). When the CD reader hits a sector it cannot read it will try a few times to read that sector, watch when it is reading the CD and if it will say something like: "Trying to Recover sector XXX 1/3" if this hits 3/3 and the sector is not recovered the copy may not function, try setting hardware and software retries higher in the Read tab. Do not bother setting this over 20.

Select the proper CD source and destination drives in the uppr windows and choose whether you want a simulation or not (usually don't bother as simulations take longer than writing to the HD first and if you burn to the HD first you usually will not waste a CDR), set the number of copies you want and click Start.

Hints for smooth burning:

On the General tab click the Options button and click the disable screen saver while burning box.

Make sure your Power Management does not go into sleep while the comptuer is burning (Windows may not regsiter a CD being burned as CPU activity), best to turn off your PM all together.

Do not attempt to run other applications while burning. While a good CD writier burning at 2x will probably not hit a buffer underrun if you have a good speed CPU and launch another app, is it really a risk you want to take? If you have a really stunning system you can try but it is at your own peril. DO NOT try to surf the net while burnin, this is just asking for trouble as the hardware utilized often causes burn failures.

Make sure other CD burning apps are not interfering with VOB. VOB has a packet writing feature that is launched at windows start up and will conflict with other packet writing software (ie Easy CD Creators Direct CD). CDRWIN and VOB can run on the same machine however and I have not had any problems running both.

[thank you Devedander]
Administrator

Check this site out. It has full graphical walktroughs for the most popular programs and advanced topics.

Go to the CDR section. www.PKer.com

[thank you The Proxy Hunter]
Administrator

Freelock Removal.

Freelock just adds another 2 data mode1 tracks on the end of your music tracks. This should appear out of line, right away. Because PSX games that have more than 1 track, always have the music after the data track. They never have another data track. All you do is extract every track besides the last 2 (the dummy Data).

[thank you The Proxy Hunter]