CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Legacy Game Backup > Dreamcast
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Apr 16, 2002, 06:12 AM

Default Weird Problem , Need Big Help

sponsored links

Ok, this is by far the weirdest prob i have encountered.I can't get some games to burn, because NERO sees the cd's as being 750M to 800M in size.I tried ignoring it and just burning the disc (Guilty Gear X) but about 80 to 90% of the way the burned stopped giving me a general burning error, and when i looked at the disc it was completely full, there wasn't enough space to burn the cd.The weird thing about it is that i'm burning from a game that's already burned in a 700M disc, so how can i run out of space to burn the copy.I have successfully copied some games before like Soul Calibur and Spider Man , but i had never had this problem before.And the last time i checked Soul Calibur it game me a 750M reading of the disc(Nero),and if i make an image to verify it it will give me the same size.I just formated my computer today but i stilll keep having the same problem and havn't been able to get any help anywhere,and I havn't seen this type of error on the board.So if anyone has any idea of what might be wrong or of any way to get around this let me know.DJ doesn't work for me and I Have never gotten a successfull DC burn with Clone CD, though I do use it for my PSX copies.So I'm looking for a solution using Nero.I even made a bin image of the game with ISO buster and i got te same thing, I did this with more than one game to see if it was just the game but i got the same error, (images larger than 700M, from about 750M to 805M).So if anyone has any info just post about it, Thnx for your help.
Old Apr 16, 2002, 08:48 AM
Veteran

have you tryed using disc juggler? that is the best software i've used for self-booters. Also are you "sure" you are using a 700mb disc? The only thing that is important is the size of the disc in minutes. as long as its less than 80 minutes, it can be 800+mb, and it will still burn.
Old Apr 16, 2002, 04:23 PM

I have tried DJ but i usually get an error burning the second session,so i don't really use that much.And the cds are 700M 80 minutes Memorex.
Well, Nero does seee the game at 800M but in time it says 79:40, around something like it, almost 80 min.Oh, another thing i noticed is i don't have the overburn option enabled, should i enable it and to how much should the max setting be .