CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Legacy Game Backup
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Apr 17, 2002, 02:52 AM

Exclamation burning playstation games/what cdr's to use?

sponsored links

OK....

1) i need to know how to set up nero 5.5 to burn copies of playstation games?

2) What cdr's do you use for copying playstation games?

3) where can you download free play station games on the net?

Thanks people... hope you can help... email if you can. . so i know i get it!

Eric!
Old Apr 17, 2002, 06:57 AM

verbathem is by far the best media to use
Ray
Old Apr 17, 2002, 08:33 AM
Veteran

· nero is not made for duplicating psx, only the non-protected games will work. use cdrwin or clone.
· and use verb's or maxell, both 74 min/650 MB, rather than 80 min/700 MB
· try the iso folder for the 3rd ?

[url=********users.skynet.be/kingnero][img]********users.skynet.be/kingnero/leftstart/kn.jpg[/img]
Old Apr 17, 2002, 12:59 PM
Veteran

if you want to go for realism go for traxdata black bottom CDR's
but if you want quality go for either verbatim or kodac CDR's
Old Apr 18, 2002, 05:27 PM
Veteran

(1) Nero can copy PSX games just as well as CDRWin ... what kingnero said is partially incorrect: ONLY CloneCD can copy PSX games with protection and all - CDRWin has no more abilities than Nero in this area. To copy with Nero, check for a tutorial here, should be one. Basically, set it to IGNORE ILLEGAL TOC, DATA MODE 2 - RAW ... better to rip to an image and then burn the image as opposed to burning on-the-fly. If u have problems with ur backups, try lowering the Write speed.

(2) Just about any CDs will do. I consider Verbatim DataLifes to be the best and they're all I use for my own burning. However, I have tested Verb ValuLifes, TDK, Acer, CompUSA, "silvers" (unbranded media) ... and all worked on my PSX with varying degrees of quality ... basically, stay away from: PNY Technologies, "silvers", and Prime Peripherals - they're all crap.

(3) Check the ISO folders. There are many ways but those other ways aren't discussed here.
Old Apr 19, 2002, 01:31 PM
Veteran

I'm sorry 420, I don't want to debate this over, but i' ve used both the proggies for years now, i'm even a big fan of nero due to its fairly unlimited (regular) data and audio capabilities.
You're right in one way that nero and CDRWin are equal when it comes to 1:1 copying of highly protected games, but the programs have both their advantages and disadvantages.

Nero is really great for any other application (such as audio and compiled music disc and selfmade data discs), but when it comes to psx reading, CDRWin is more stable than nero. This comes mainly because CDRWin does not only copies any psx disc with a false toc (it's an option within nero->it interprets, cdrwin just duplicates), but also it has no prob at all with tracks < 4sec. Nero does have probs with these tracks, and refuses to read some psx discs.
CDRWin has the great advantage that its images can be patched, (both trainers, copy prot's and pal/ntsc) and nero's images can't, this is a big plus for CDRWin

Last edited by king nero; Apr 19, 2002 at 02:06 PM.