CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Legacy Game Backup > Dreamcast
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old May 12, 2002, 09:25 PM
Veteran

sponsored links

when I play a lot it tends to make the laser weaker, after it rests for a bit, it will work agian.

I don't really understand?
Old May 12, 2002, 09:51 PM

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by Nokken [/i]
[B]Backups killed my first DC. Only explanation...because backups where the only thing ever played in it besides the generator disc... [/B]
If backups were the only thing you played then how do you know they were the cause? How do you know the same thing wouldn't have happened if you were playing all originals. It could have just been that you had a defective machine.

No one can say that backups kill your machine, there is no factual info to support it. If they did kill machines then we would all be having to buy a new machine all the time. I find it odd that alot of us still have our DC's running over 2 years on only backups. How do you explain that?

[img]***********.cdrom-guide.com/forums/imgs/jams.gif[/img]
Old May 12, 2002, 11:16 PM

I'm not sure...it was just my personal experience... But how likely is it that I received a defective unit? Might I mention it was manufactured in Nov. 2000...that infamous date.... but it played backups for that short time...

I understand the view that you have, it's just that everybody is entitled to their own opinion and from my personal experience, backups aren't good for your machine. (I wonder if SEGA meant for this to happen?)

Of course, I'm sure my 3 day experience with backups isn't enough to fully justify the cause, but it sure turned me off...for awhile...
Old May 13, 2002, 01:00 AM
Veteran

[b]Nokken[/b]

I'm pretty sure it was defective! I have friends who, unlike me, have never dummied any of their backups. They said it wasn't worth their time, and so far, they were right!! They have been playing backups since they first came out, no dummies, nothin' and their DC's are still goin!!! But I'm sure I'll get the last laugh when my DC is still working in like 15 years!

MUAHAHAHAHA!!!