CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Legacy Game Backup > Dreamcast
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jan 20, 2002, 10:16 AM

Question Saved Game Transfer

sponsored links

I've recently got a 16Mb Nexus memory card, and a link cable for transfering save files to my P.C.
Ive connected it up as the instructions say, with the dc switched on, the controller with the memory card plugged in, and the lead going from the memory card to the P.C. printer port, but when i run the software it just keeps responding with a line error, and asks me to recheck my connections.
The connections are o.k., and i've tried changing the port settings to EPP, but it still doesn't see it.
I've also tried changing the speed ratio in the settings, but nothing i do seems to make any difference.
Has anyone else had this problem, or does anyone know of a possible solution.
Old Jan 20, 2002, 07:00 PM

I had the same problem. I tried emailing the place I bought it from and the place that makes it, but they both told me that I'm not following the instructions and to try again. I finally found something that helped, credit card disute forms

I recomend using email with the Dreamcast to tranfer the saves to a PC. Then making a web site to download them. Use www.Angelfire.com to host, as it is compatable with the saves. Don't forget, you need a VMI and VMS save to download them correctly. Go here for more info: ***********.dcemulation.com/help/vmutopc.htm
Old Jan 21, 2002, 07:32 AM

Thanks, I hadn't thought of just e-mailing them, but it sounds like it will save me a lot of messing about.
Old Jan 21, 2002, 08:32 PM

Cool

Does the software come up at all or do you just get an error? Because the software should run weather or not the card is connected. I got mine from levelsix.com, as well as the software and I've never had a problem.

That's an interesting little faq on dcemu, but it looks like an awfull lot of extra work. If you have an Angelfire account there's a much easier way then that. Just go to: ********tools.planetweb.com/uploadfile.html on your DC and use it to upload whatever save files you want. A .vmi file will be created and uploaded to your account with each file you upload as well. It can run a little slow but is definitely faster than sending emails back and forth. Then just make sure the .VMS and .VMI save is in the same directory. "view" or create a link to the .vmi file and it will start the d/l for your DC.

Last edited by Jodo901; Jan 21, 2002 at 08:43 PM.