CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Legacy Game Backup > Dreamcast
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Apr 22, 2002, 02:46 AM

Default can anyone tell me the most easiest way to make selfboot to nonboot?

sponsored links

as above. trying to make selfboot games to nonboot and making coasters....is there anyone make some program can change selfboot to nonboot a bit more easier?

well is it possible say, extract the iso sector of the selfboot games from isobuster, then just hexedit the 1st_read file? is it really the only way to cdirip from the cdi files?
Old Apr 22, 2002, 05:36 AM

well i've just tried metropolis street racer, extract the file from a selfboot game in isobuster, then hexedit 1st_read with A600 (since its LBA11700), found in the same folder that ,msr.bin also have the same term, but others bin file dont.
burn and try it, it can pass the boot disk and get into the intro movie, but cant go any further, it just reboot itself to the DC menu screen, anyone got some clue here? i think i need to hexedit other bin files but cant find the same string as in 1st_read...
Old Apr 22, 2002, 06:48 AM

You can find a good guide on how to do it here:

********xeal.cjb.net/
Old Apr 22, 2002, 09:02 AM

all my selfboot to nonboot game i madeare so far all coasters... non of them work, probably all have problem with the LBA hex edit thing...if its only 1st_read need hexedit then may work...but seems lots of them not...
Old Apr 22, 2002, 09:39 AM
Veteran

i am just curious as to why you would want to make a selfbooting game non booting? what is the benefit of using the boot disk? its just an extra step.

F.Y.I MSR has some tricky protection that only echelon was able to break, that is why your game is not completely booting
Old Apr 22, 2002, 09:51 AM

well mitsu50 this is the only way i know to make some change to its music files....like MSR there are like 30 songs total in it I would like to replace them all with my songs. :-)) thats why i wanna make them to nonboot first, if you can tell me a way to replace the music with my music in a selfboot cdi file or a selfboot rip that would be great.