CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Legacy Game Backup > Dreamcast
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Apr 22, 2002, 05:39 PM

Default anyone here know how to use GrabIt or Direct connect?

sponsored links

i went to direct connect and it says this thing saying "connect to hub" what am i suppose to do or write?
Old Apr 22, 2002, 10:15 PM
Veteran

click on public and then to which ever pub you want to connect to. Be warned that some of the pubs only allow people who meet their qualifications to connect...such as sharing 3 or more gigs and having at least 4 free slots. If you find it too hard to connect to an actual person...just change your connection type to passive...it's in the settings menu and then connection. email me if you have any more probs....i'll try my best to help you out

Old Apr 23, 2002, 12:27 AM

GrabIt works completely different from DirectConnect. Grabit is a binary newsreader, for downloading files from newsgroups. This is still my favorite way to get games. Find out from you ISP what their newsserver address is, and put the info in Grabit(will probably be something like [email]news@yourISP.com[/email]). Not allowed to post which newsgroup is the best one here, but download the list of groups from your server and do a search for dreamcast. There have been several threads on using newsgroups lately. Do a search and you find all the info you need.
Old Apr 30, 2002, 01:40 PM

Grabit is the only way to get games. You can get pretty much anything you're looking for. I use it all the time and the downloads are quicker than ftp sites. My news server is netnews.attbi.com as I have a broadband connection. It might be a little different if you have a dial-up.

Skapunk 21
Old Apr 30, 2002, 02:10 PM
Veteran

to use Grabit, just go to newsbin.com and download newsbin . Just joking but newsbin is the same thing as Grabit but has better and easier feutures. I learned to use it in a snap.
Old Apr 30, 2002, 02:22 PM
Veteran

i use xnews to get my games from newsgroups and i can get almost every game i ever want and anything else from them - cool