CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Legacy Game Backup > Dreamcast
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jan 20, 2002, 02:12 PM
Veteran

Default anyone got silver to work?

sponsored links

my copy of silver doesn't work, it freeze after the infogames intro. the screen goes to black. i found a patch for pal version, but mine is a US DC, and i don't know if the patch will work. can anyone tell me how to fix it?
Old Jan 20, 2002, 04:47 PM
Veteran

Hey Fisherman.... it's funny you mention this.... cause we must have the same version.... I tried burning this about 3 times last night getting the black screen every time........ after the loading MPEG screen as you see on every DC game........ it goes black and doesn't load.... the filename I have is GT_SILVER ........ I believe it has something to do with the country protection on an NTSC DC..... but I don't know how to fix it..... I am trying to find it out and will let you know when I do........ grrrrrrrr don't usually have problems burning games!!!!

By the way.... the patch off of the megagames site makes it 1 session...... I didn't try burning it but I doubt it will work since it is 1 session
Old Jan 20, 2002, 04:58 PM
Veteran

yea, we got the same version, and under the sega screen there is a Genesia Team loco right? is there any patch that we can use?
Old Jan 20, 2002, 05:13 PM
Veteran

Yeah.... we definately have the same version......... to answer your question.... I don't think there is a fix for it YET.... however I am trying to find that out.....
Old Jan 21, 2002, 02:40 PM

Default me too...

add me to the list...let me know if you guys figure anything out...
Old Jan 21, 2002, 07:16 PM
Veteran

hey happydirk, when i apply the pal patch to silver, it get pass the infogrames screen. but the bad news is, it freeze after the mpeg thing. so do u think we got a bad rip of silver?