CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Apr 25, 2002, 03:02 AM

sponsored links

Repair Them??
Old Apr 25, 2002, 03:34 AM
Veteran

I found the problem... The files I've found are for a DVDr which is almost 2 gigs in size. (1.84 and maybe more) That would be about 3 cdr's so I don't think I'm going to bother. I've gotten the game on another system so I'll be happy with that. (Went out and bought it.) Thanks for the help though since I'm trying to get the hang of this... CFizz

((There were another days worth of files, about 635megs to add to what I already have and since I have no idea how to make several discs for one game I'll be moving on.)) Thanks again.......

Last edited by CousinFizz; Apr 25, 2002 at 03:39 AM.
Old Apr 25, 2002, 04:01 AM
Veteran

BUT, again I've tried it on another game and the same thing is happening. I just don't understand this I MUST be doing something wrong!

This time it is a regular game and all I do is winRAR the files (zip) to a folder and I look in the folder and the only thing in the folder are the files without the .cue and .bin>>>>>> Why? Is there something I should do before I winRAR? (or after winRAR) I thought the winRAR would make the files into a cue command sheet and a bin file that I could use for CDRwin. All I would do then is load the .cue and away it goes....(but it's not doing it) IS anyone out there who is having this problem as well??

Please let me know if I'm doing something wrong........

This is the error I get on each file that is winRAR ed......

"Error: Invalid CUE SHEET command at line 1
Illegal cue sheet command syntax"

Last edited by CousinFizz; Apr 25, 2002 at 04:06 AM.
Old Apr 25, 2002, 05:09 AM
Veteran

sounds like newsgroups archive them in a different way, just use mirc all u gotta do is download, extract and burn........ hmmmmmm but the files should be ok.... this is a tricky one :/ sorry cant help you here
Old Apr 25, 2002, 05:25 AM
Veteran

I have gotten one game to work (Tekken 4) but it was 'fixed' as they say but I don't think every game had to be patched. Anyway I'm at a loss on this I just hope it all works out. (A friend of mine has no problems with this service so I've got big questions.)

BTW, where is the site with the patches? I've lost all my favorites due to a computer crash. Thanks......
Old Apr 25, 2002, 05:30 AM
Veteran

theres ********ps2chimps.consoleinfo.com/ and theres alos megagames.com those 2 sites have patches