CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Apr 27, 2002, 07:04 AM

sponsored links

solution
USE BLINDWRITE
try it
it WILL work
Old Apr 27, 2002, 09:53 AM

Use the newset version of winrar from their site.
Put all rar files in one directory.
Extract game rars to c:\temp with winrar
Look in c:\temp for the files. You should see 2 files, a .bin and a .cue file
If one or both of these don't exist then your rars are corrupt.

Open .cue file in notepad.
It should look like this :

FILE "PDX-TEK4.BIN" BINARY
TRACK 01 MODE2/2352
INDEX 01 00:00:00

If the name of the .bin file is PDX-TEK4.BIN
This will work as CDRWin looks for the .bin file in the same dir as the .cue file first.
Burn using CDRWin. If the resulting disc has nothing on it or doesn't work then make sure you are not using a cracked version. Download the demo version and try burning at one speed.

If you follow these instructions I can't see what can go wrong (famous last words...)
Old Apr 28, 2002, 04:19 AM
Veteran

If it is as you say alot of games on my news service are corrupt then because all the games I've downloaded have the same problem. I load up CDRwin and it can't find the .cue file. I've looked the .cue file up and it is there it is just not pointed to the CDRwin program so I'm trying to fix that. I will however do as you say and as you can see in the above post I've been working hard to overcome the problem. Thanks for the input I am greatful... Take care and I'll be working on this futher..... CFizz

I've followed all the walkthroughs and such and the files still won't load, they just sit there in the folders I've made and won't load to the CDRwin...

BTW, I've used blindwrite and the same thing happens... it won't load up the .cue........

I've used Blindwrite, Fireburner, Disc Juggler, Nero, CDclone and so on.... still no joy......

Last edited by CousinFizz; Apr 28, 2002 at 04:22 AM.
Old Apr 28, 2002, 07:00 AM

Have you remembered to unRAR the .bin and .cue files from PDX-TEK4.026 using winRAR? If you have and still had no luck read on...

Follow these step EXACTLY (sorry if some of it sounds sarcastic etc.):

Note: You must have winRAR, and all the rar files of the game. Also you must use ISObuster to convert your (game).bin to (game).iso

1) Make sure you unRAR\ZIP all files. You usually have to open the [b]last[/b] file in the series, in this case the file is [b]pdx-tek4.026[/b] You will be faced with a winZIP type screen with the [b]files that are contained[/b] in the RAR's, [b]extract (game).bin[/b] in this case [b]PDX-TEK4.BIN[/b]
Remember: You [b]must[/b] use [b]winRAR[/b], not winZIP etc. [b] Now use ISObuster to convert the image file to a .iso[/b]

2) Open up [b]CDR-WIN 3.8[/b] [must be 3.8]
3) Click on the 4th picture at the top, [b]FILE BACKUP AND TOOLS[/b]
4) From the [b]Backup/Tool Operation[/b] drop down menu select [b]Record an ISO9660 Image[/b]
5) In the [b]ISO9660 Image File box[/b] (roughly half way down the screen) look for the [b]Image Filename[/b] text box and click on the [b][...][/b] button.
6) A [b]browser type screen[/b] which you should be familiar with should be open, [b]locate your (game).iso[/b] file, in this case PDX-TEK4.iso
7) Click on it and then click [b]SAVE[/b]
8) In [b]Recording Options[/b] select Disk Type - [b]CDROM-XA[/b], Track Mode - [b]MODE 2[/b] and whatever speed you wish.
9) Make sure [b]Finalize/Close Session[/b] and [b]Write Postgap[/b] are checked.
10) Click on [b]start[/b]!
Old Apr 28, 2002, 07:11 AM

Again, sorry if this sounds sarcastic, but do you know how to use winRAR properly? Try these steps before the above post:

1) Open PDX-TEK4.026 in winRAR
2) Hold the CTRL key and click once on (game).bin and (game.iso)
3) On winRAR's GUI there's a big Extract To button, click on it
4) Underneath the destination path text box is a box with your drives etc, click on desktop
5) Click on OK
6) Wait a few minutes for your (game).bin and (game).cue to unRAR
7) Open up the cue-file from your desktop in CDR-WIN or FireBurner, and hey Presto! Games at last!
Old Apr 28, 2002, 08:59 AM
Veteran

Well... Sarcasism? What can I say, some think they know it all, LOL ... All I need is a simple answer but I understand what you are saying. I have suspected my version of CDRwin. It's the 3.8G FULL version and I've been looking for and an older one. I do know how to use EVERYTHING you have there since I've done this before. I've told others what to do and they have NO problems at all so it comes down to the CDRwin as you say. IT has to be that... I've been looking. Thanks for the input I need all the help I can get. Wheather I'll go and change the files to ISO's is another story but I'll see how it goes. The simple winRAR and CDRwin should do it!

If you have read all the posts here in the thread you would have seen that I do know what is going on... (But at the same time I've tried off the cuff stuff too as you can see but I wanted to see what happens.) I've even opened that last file and have seen the .cue and .bin file and have been working on them. Although nothing has happened yet. I shouldn't have to open that last file though! It's just not suppose to have to happen. It's all to easy...... (it's suppose to be anyway)....

I've tried some of your directions there you have and still have not been able to get the .cue to show up in CDRwin so I'll look for the older version..... cya

UPDATE... I just tried an older version of CDRwin and it doesn't find the .cue sheet either. It still comes up with the line error as listed above. I'll keep trying your other info though... Thanks....... (man I thought I knew everything....) ha!

Last edited by CousinFizz; Apr 28, 2002 at 09:52 AM.