CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Apr 28, 2002, 10:22 AM
Veteran

sponsored links

I'll be back tonight to see if all this works. Meanwhile if anyone else has any more info please let us all know. There are a few of us who continue to have this problem and it should be an easy task. Take care and I'm out..... CFizz
Old Apr 29, 2002, 04:18 AM
Veteran

When I try to unRAR the file 26 I can see it, the .bin file, in the zip window but when I go to unRAR the .bin I get an error prompt. Trying to read it with the ISO Buster I also get an error prompt and the file is only like 5 megs large... This is not the way I want to go it looks like. Converting to an image file is something I'll leave to the pros....... thanks anyway.
Old Apr 29, 2002, 04:37 AM

CousinFizz-I'm new at this game and have picked up all the basics from this forum.I'm no expert but I've managed to burn every game i've downloaded.I'm just going to explain in my simple terms what I do-I don't have all the technical jargon!

I D/L game and put it into my folder in MY DOCS-Iknow where it is then!

Open Winrar-find the folder-open the game and click on first file-extract.

Winrar prompts me to put the bin/cue in the same folder as game which I click yes to.

Winrar extracts files and the bin/cue are in a folder at the top of the window.

Close down Winrar-check original game folder and Bin/cue are in there in a separate folder.

I then open Blindwrite which always works for me.

I load the cue from the original game folder and continue to burn.

Hope this helps and doesn't sound to simplistic on my part-I can only explain in laymans terms what I do.
Old Apr 29, 2002, 04:56 AM
Veteran

What version of winRAR are you using? I use a new version and don't get any prompt about the .bin and .cue when I click on the zip (there is NO fist file, my game DL is in a zip.) of the D/Led game. I'm at the end of myself here because it is so simple... I thank you for your help. The file is being extracted as I write for the 5th time and I think I'm going to be right back to where I've been all along. I don't know why it just doesn't come out in the folder I tell it to winRAR to in the form of a .cue and .bin ...... I'm at a total loss.......

And I would be right! It extracted to the folder I told it to winRAR to and all the files are smiling at me with NO .cue and .bin......

I can either laugh or cry at this point......

I'm very close to forgetting about this whole thing now and closing down my newsgroup account... none of the game D/L's are working for me. Let alone winRAR and CDRwin.

Last edited by CousinFizz; Apr 29, 2002 at 05:07 AM.
Old Apr 29, 2002, 05:13 AM

I'm using Winrar 2.9. Sorry don't know about D/Ling Zip form.My files are D/Led in ----.000 etc form.

Sorry can't be of more help-GOOD LUCK!
Old Apr 29, 2002, 05:19 AM

Just had a little think.
When you exract the zip file does it give you the numbered rar files?
If so wouldn't you then need to use Winrar again to extract the rars to give you the bin/cue.
Apologise if my ideas have been tried or are not helping.