CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Legacy Game Backup
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Apr 27, 2002, 12:11 PM

Default xBox, Ps2 or Gamecube????

sponsored links

I'm thinking of buying my lad a cames console. He has a psone but wants something better.

Which do you recommend? Money is no problem so it's all about gameplay!!!

Thanks
Old Apr 27, 2002, 01:03 PM
Veteran

XBOX - cos thats the most powerful. i had ps2 - and the graphics are fuzzy , the xbox is ways better and is more powerful then the gamecube, in the coming years broadband connection will be cheaper and xbox has its built in which is excellent, and loads of companies have signed up 2 develop for xbox inc metal gear solid x!!!
Old Apr 27, 2002, 04:47 PM
Banned

ps2 dont listen 2 that guy easy to controller and cheaper games
Old Apr 27, 2002, 07:13 PM
Veteran

I would go with ps2...the graphics aren't to great like xbox but it's all about gameplay...example blod omen 2 xbox amazing graphics...but game isn't all that great
ps2 has like the greatest games...metal gear 2...gta3..thps3...spiderman 2002...wwf smackdown 3...and medal of honor... and etc.

what does the xbox have...halo.doa3..and thps3...they need more great games...also games are about $50

if you like kiddy adventure fun games go with gamecube...example smash bros. super monkey ball...and etc.
Old Apr 28, 2002, 01:45 AM
Veteran

I have all three......
The Gamecube is only good if you want to save money ($100 cheaper), but otherwise not too great-bareley better than DC
The X-Box has all the beef as a machine, but the gameplay just isn't there, and I don't feel they are taking advantage of thier machine's capabilities (yet?), and it has ALOT of below average games. Beefy machines don't mean better always-remember the Atari Jaguar?
PS2 just simply has them beat-hell GTA3 ALONE is worth the purchase. It is also currently the ONLY system of the three that you can play backups too.
Hope this helps your decision.
Old Apr 28, 2002, 08:33 AM
Veteran

xbox is the most powerful all the leadingdevelopers have signed up. eg
fifa 2002 will be released on xbox, gamecube and ps2. which console version will be better! the XBOX of course and that goes for many other games.