CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Closed Thread

Old Apr 28, 2002, 01:03 AM
Banned

Default Need Help Restoring My Dell Inspiron 2500

sponsored links

Okay lets get straight to the point. I own a Dell Inspiron 2500 with Windows ME. My problem is that i cant restore my computer if my life depended onit. I've tried everything. I tried installing windows over but that didnt work. i tried system restore but i get there errors saying that there isnt enough memory and that i need to restart the computer. well what i wanna know is there anything i can install or download that will restore my computer to the way when i first bought it. i want everything restored. every file, every erased, etc. PLZ people help me. i really need to fix this computer. Well thanx in advance.
Old Apr 28, 2002, 01:13 AM
Veteran

Didn't you get a set of recovery CD's with the system when you bought it?
Old Apr 28, 2002, 01:45 AM
Banned

I got a windows ME cd, Reinstalling Dell Inspiron 2500 System software, & backup dell-installed programs. i dont think i got a recovery cd. so what do i do? I didnt get any kind of recovery cd. closest thing is the backup dell-installed programs. help. can i download that recovery cd.
Old Apr 28, 2002, 03:53 AM
Veteran

did you not get a floppy with your cds??
if not you might be able to boot from your cds youve got {depends what your bios boots from }or you might be able to resrore from within windows look in start programms tools see if there is a restore option
Old Apr 28, 2002, 03:55 AM
Veteran

If you have the windows ME install CD and a ME serial key then you can reformat your pc (you will delete all your files) and then you can re-install windows.

Why do you want to restore/reformat?

Roger
Old Apr 28, 2002, 07:14 PM
Banned

i didnt get a floppy disk. i think a lot of the things were missing. and i wanna restore my computer because there are a lot of errors. i cant use a lot of things because i get crazy messages. i just want to be able to restore it so that all of the errors and etc dont bother me anymore cuz they are really a drag. can i try installing xp?
Closed Thread