CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Closed Thread

Old Apr 29, 2002, 10:59 AM
Veteran

sponsored links

But hasn't he formatted the drive ???
Old Apr 29, 2002, 12:01 PM
Veteran

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by green_blade [/i]
[B]But hasn't he formatted the drive ??? [/B]
I'm not sure what he's done ... I got the impression from the first post that he had partitioned with PM7 then reinstalled windows and windows was still showing it as 4.87 Gb. I figured that if there was no OS on it and he knew it was 4.87 Gb he must be using fdisk or some other tool in which case he'd know how to partition and format it!

I dunno, but whatever - i think between us we have the bases covered!
Old Apr 29, 2002, 12:37 PM
Veteran

Sorry peeps I had to get some therapy on my leg so what your saying is reinstall PM and then resize the drive to the oribinal 20?

As to fdisk I don't know much about it.
Old Apr 29, 2002, 12:46 PM
Veteran

I'm assuming you have your OS installed on the 4.87 Gb drive now right? In which case yes i think your best bet is to install PM and resize your main partition to include all the space IF the unallocated space has been formatted and assuming it is unallocated (which i suspect it is).

If the unallocated space is not formatted (PM will tell you when you hover over the relevant space what the file system is if any) then i would suggest you create a new partition with that new space in it, use the wizards and be sure you dont accidently format your C drive !
Old Apr 29, 2002, 12:53 PM
Veteran

Reinstalled it and wil merge them when I have time but this has been some more great advic/help so thnx and I'll be more carefull the next time I do it.
Old Apr 29, 2002, 12:59 PM
Veteran

Merge them?

That suggests that windows was seeing a 4.87, a 15.13 and a 20 Gb drive ....

If thats not the case you cant merge unallocated space with a partition, it must be partitioned and formatted before you can merge.

Good luck :s
Closed Thread