CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Consumer's Opinion
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Apr 29, 2002, 01:11 PM

Question Ebuyer.com

sponsored links

Hi guys

I placed an order on ebuyer.com for 1,100 on friday night and paid for next business day delivery.

at 16.20Hrs today I got the following email.........

Relisys 12x40 DVD-ROM Drive - Retail Boxed

Dear Sir / Madam,

Regrettably the above items are currently out of stock and / or discontinued from our site.

Please call us on 0870 888 3021, or email us at [email]orders@ebuyer.com[/email] to inform us whether you would
like us to cancel the out of stock items off the order or replace them with similar items.

Please supply quickfind codes for alternatives as we cannot advise.

Please respond within the next 24 hours or we may automatically remove the items and dispatch the
rest of your order. If items are removed and your order totals under 100ex VAT then you
will be charged a standard delivery charge of 5.99ex VAT.

Regards
Ebuyer Support

I telephoned them on there 0870 number to be greeted with a recorded message telling me "there a five callers ahead of me" please hold......

I waited about ten minutes the got through to a "human being" who told me if i wanted to change my order the they would have to cancel the old order and I would not be able to have the mobo I ordered as well due to stock levels.

I informed him just cancle the dvd and send the rest of the order. I was informed the cut off for next business day is 16.30Hrs and as it was after the cut off I may not get my order by tomorrow.

My question is what recourse do I have??????

Sorry if this rant goes on to long but I am bloody

Cheers all
Old Apr 29, 2002, 01:25 PM
Veteran

You prob have none, except to accept what they are offering, as they can only sell what they have in stock, I had the same problem before, 20 network cards and 10 modems, had to cancel them before I can get my order as they said otherwise, they will wait until they get them in stock and they cant say when.

This really should be in the consumers forum, so I am moving it over there ....
Old Apr 29, 2002, 04:39 PM
Veteran

I sympathise with you on this one.

I use Ebuyer all the time and still recommend them to anyone.

One of the problems is that ebuyer will not process your order until ALL the items you have ordered are in stock.
In your case it seems that by the time you got through to ditch the DVD the mainboard had gone out of stock.

I've been in that position before, having to cancel entire orders (converting them back into quotes) and having to recheck stock levels.

I dont think you have any comeback though, it is stated that the orders will not be processed until it is all in stock.

Try shopping around to get the same stuff for the same price, I do but normally end up back at Ebuyer, hardly anyone else can compete with the prices.

There are some drawbacks but I still find them one of the best and cheapest online retailers in the UK.
Old Apr 30, 2002, 03:32 AM

I agree with CHR15 they are the dogs, no one can compete that I know of.

Yeah the customer service can be a little slow going at times but obviously they are cutting the costs somewhere and the pros far outweigh the cons. The online returns is getting better also, last time I had to return something it took over 2 days for the RMA number, yesterday it took 5 minutes

Ohh and about the cut off time for delivery's, presumably they have a collection each day at a fixed time. There isnt anything they can do about it, they probably couldnt get the order completed and packed and checked in time.

Just my 2p worth

Last edited by mini-me; Apr 30, 2002 at 03:37 AM.
Old Apr 30, 2002, 03:47 PM

I have used ebuyer once and they were execellent service. To be fair to them the 16:30 deadline is actually very late for a next day delivery service. Some places you have to order before 2pm toget next day delivery.

Ebuyer are by and far the best inline computer bits retailer. I was amazed that I priced up the bits for a pc on one Friday. I then choose the same bits on the next Thursday. The price had gone down in price by a few pound for a few components.