CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Apr 30, 2002, 08:21 AM
Veteran

sponsored links

Pull the one stick, you should then get a beep code or message about the RAM instead of the NVRAM message.
Old Apr 30, 2002, 03:36 PM
Veteran

I pulled the one stick out but then my screen didnt even come on oh well looks like I will have to bite the bullit and take it to a repair shop, anybody fancy fixing my pc in Cardiff thanks for all help anyway
Old May 07, 2002, 11:57 AM
Veteran

Got some new cube ram in the post this morning which should have solved my problem alledgedly but I still get no further any new ideas??
Old May 09, 2002, 08:43 AM
Veteran

any one?
Old May 09, 2002, 11:12 AM
Veteran

Try unplug all IDE floppy cable off the motherboard, I personally find the main cause to this problem are either memory or drives, if you have tried new RAM, then my guesses are the drives, by not hooking any drives to the motherboard, you can start to eliminate the cause of the problem.

HTH
Old May 09, 2002, 11:37 AM
Veteran

Sounds like you need to go back to basics on this one.

Do you know what type of mainboard it is precisely??

Your Duron Chip is one of the fastest Durons about and not all mainboards will support a Duron so fast, this could've caused your lockups in the first place. Did the system ever work successfully?

Try This:

[b]Switch the power off at the wall[/b], leave the power cable plugged in to give yourself an earth.

Open up your PC, pull everything off the mainboard including expansion cards (sound, Modem etc)

Look for the Clear CMOS Jumper, close it for a few seconds and then return it to its Normal Postion.

Insert the CPU and Cooler

Insert the RAM

Plug in the FLoppy cable

Insert the Graphics card (if it has one).

Now boot the PC, you should get a single Beep and be able to go into BIOS.

If this step works, shut down, switch off at the wall again and plug in the HDD IDE cable, try again.

If that works, shut down, switch off, plug in your CDROM and any other cards.

If that works, boot into BIOS, detect you hard disk, make any changes and exit saving changes. May be best to ensure your RAM and FSB settings are at 100 for RAM and 200 for FSB (the setting may appears as 100/100 in your BIOS). You need to tell us your particular mainboard for people to help you further.

Now boot from a Bootdisk and install you OS.

Last edited by CHR15; May 09, 2002 at 01:48 PM.