CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old May 10, 2002, 07:01 AM

sponsored links

sorry guys a bit behind the times here...didn't see page two
Old May 10, 2002, 08:31 AM
Veteran

I wouldn't worry abou the PCI Soundcard for now. Pull it out and leave it until the rest of the system is going.

The 810LMR has onboard sound (enabled in BIOS somewhere). It is best to use this until you are up and running. The Driver disk which comes with that mainboard will automatically install the Drivers for the onboard stuff so let it do its thing before making changes.

It doesn't make too much difference where the CDROM goes. When I build a system with one Hard Disk and One CDROM, the they both go on the Primary IDE port, it also means I only need one IDE Cable.

Make Sure the Hard Drive Jumpers are set to MASTER. It should have come as Master by Default but double Check anyway. You may have to remove the screws which hold it in place and pull it half way out to check. Almost all hard drives have a label stuck on them which shows the Jumper Configuration, check this is so.

Also check the CDROM Jumper as well, this should be SLAVE. You should find this info, normally imprinted on the back of the drive just above the Jumper pins.

Also make sure the Hard Drive is on the PRIMARY IDE PORT, normally BLUE nowadays but I think that mainboard has a RED socket. Check the manual to make sure.
Old May 10, 2002, 05:50 PM
Veteran

I put the cd drive on the same ide as the hd and its working thanks a lot m8 only problem now is I still havent got any sound as the sytem isnt finding my pci soundcard and the onboard freezes when the pc looks for it
Old May 11, 2002, 01:05 AM

Check to make sure everything is set at 100 Mhz in the Bios. If the board is capable of 266 the ram clock may be set at 133 and if you have 1600 ddr
ram this could be causing the problem.
Old May 11, 2002, 11:32 AM
Veteran

everything is set to 100 mhz but still doesnt recognise the pci card when I plug it in??
Old May 13, 2002, 08:21 AM
Veteran

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by Ki99 [/i]
[B] the onboard freezes when the pc looks for it [/B]
I'm going from memory here.

Once you have the PC up and running with the OS Installed, there will be no sound present.

If you look in Device Manager you will see a couple of Exclamation Marks. One is definately the Modem, the other may be Sound. Ignore these for now.

The Mainboard Driver Disk should Auto Run and configure the sound for you, after about 7 or 8 Reboots, the sound should appear (windows Startup sound).

I've never had any problems with the sound on those boards. The onboard Sound is enable in BIOS by default, double check anyway. There is a couple of BIOS entries refering to sound.

I cant remember the Sound chipset onthe board but your manual should state which it is. You could run the Setup program from the CDROM instead of allowing the automated procedure to configure it.

Either way, Don't let Windows search and install its own, run the Setup file on the Disk.

The Modem is slightly different, delete the file with the exclamation mark in Device Manager and reboot, point Windows at the CDROM AMR folder and simply choose the driver for your OS.

I would look at this before going into inserting your PCI Card if I were you.