CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Apr 26, 2005, 12:01 AM

Talking Mine works!

sponsored links

Ok so, after starting up my computer i got the Checking NVRAM error. So i did what you guys said and removed all the floppy drive, cd and hard drives. when i did i got it to get past that. So i finaly figured out that it was my CD drive. I took one of my others and it booted just fine with a different CD drive. Hope the rest of you figure out whats wrong with yours. There are so many different things that this error can be caused by. I am so glad i found what fixed mine.

Plezops
Old Apr 26, 2005, 09:08 PM
Veteran

Location: Sydney, Australia. Where else would you want to live?

Thanks for posting your solution but this thread is over 4 years old!
Old Apr 27, 2005, 02:32 PM

Default Another NVRAM victim

I was very pleased to see some looked inside this thread after such a long time. As you may have guessed I also have the same problem, but was so far unable to fix it. I have Gigabyte GA-7IXE4 motherboard and AMD 3DNow 1GHz CPU. Right now there is nothing connected to the board except PCI video card (I have also tried my AGP video card with same results), CPU and memory (I have two 128Mb sticks, which I plugged in in all three DIMM slots individually, but still no results). The jumpers for frewuency RATIO on the motherboard itself I set for 100MHz.
I have tried resetting CMOS, taking out the battery and evn changing it. Still doesnt work. Any suggestions?
Old Apr 28, 2005, 07:18 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggy_the1
I was very pleased to see some looked inside this thread after such a long time. As you may have guessed I also have the same problem, but was so far unable to fix it. I have Gigabyte GA-7IXE4 motherboard and AMD 3DNow 1GHz CPU. Right now there is nothing connected to the board except PCI video card (I have also tried my AGP video card with same results), CPU and memory (I have two 128Mb sticks, which I plugged in in all three DIMM slots individually, but still no results). The jumpers for frewuency RATIO on the motherboard itself I set for 100MHz.
I have tried resetting CMOS, taking out the battery and evn changing it. Still doesnt work. Any suggestions?
Yeah, One. Read The Earlier 4 Year Old posts..theres a whole 5 pages of them. Or you could try pressing F1...Maybe.
Old Apr 28, 2005, 01:09 PM

Default Very funny

Yeah I did all of the above, thats why I posted.