CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Closed Thread

Old Apr 29, 2002, 05:53 PM
Veteran

Default IP Addresses

sponsored links

[B]Hi Guys[/B]

[I]i have heard there is a way to get all the IP address's of people who are connected to your computer. for example if ur transferin a file over MSN messenger it goes direct and can give you the other persons IP address or if u are in a game e.g, counterstrike u can get the server address you are connected to[/I]

[I]i have heard you can / have to do this through DOS. any knowledge on this subject would be greatly appreciated[/I]

[B]Note, i am on an ISDN connection running Windows XP Proffesional Edition.[/B]

Old Apr 29, 2002, 06:06 PM
Veteran

May I ask whats the purpose of this post ? because I will have to close this if its for illegal use, as I am sure there will be many party spoiler wanting the same answers.

If the other person wanted you to know or have their IP, I am sure they will be only too happy to sent it to you....
Old Apr 29, 2002, 06:08 PM
Veteran

its not for illegal use, i just wanted to see what connections i have running in / out of my LAN & Internet connection.

Sorry for any confusion
Old Apr 29, 2002, 06:36 PM
Veteran

I dont think there any connection between knowing someone's IP address and the speed or your LAN connection, however there is a way to get it, but you can always ask for it from someone who is willing to give it to you.

Regards
Old Apr 29, 2002, 07:20 PM
Veteran

no, ur getting the wrong picture.

I want to monitor what goes in and out of PC through looking at what IP addresses are connected.

if someone on my LAN is accessing files it will display there IP.

If this works on a LAN then surely it will work with anything from the net accessing my PC.
Old Apr 29, 2002, 07:31 PM

netstat is your friend m8

Its OK as it comes with windows and does what you want.
Closed Thread