CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Closed Thread

Old Apr 30, 2002, 08:24 AM
Veteran

Default HP Printer Probs

sponsored links

If I start to print something and I decide to cancel the print and turn the printer off, when I turn the printer back on it just shoots out loads of paper and garbage.

I try to purge print jobs but it will continually throw out paper after printing a few characters on each page.

I have to turn the computer off and then on again to start again which can be a pain if I am burning a disc at the same time.

Is there a command or someway I can completely reset the printer back to stand by??

Cheers

DODGYFEAS
Old Apr 30, 2002, 08:35 AM

This is not an uncommon problem for a hp printer the printout that you are getting is the binary version of the file that you wanted to print.

It wouldn't happen to be a 890?

You can completely reset your printer but I forget how (I ditched mine after it was doing this and the paper jamming!)

I do remember that I got alot of help from the guys at HP though.
Old Apr 30, 2002, 09:15 AM
Veteran

Because almost all printers now has some kind of 'buffers' to hold the print job, you need to clear both the PC and the printer.

The way I would do it, turn off the printer first, then cancel the print job in Windows, once the job disappeared from the list, turn the printer back on for a second (for it to pick up the cancal signal from Windows), then off again, now if you turn the printer back on, the buffer would be cleared.

(ps..Works a treat on a 600, 690 and a PS1000)
Closed Thread