CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Closed Thread

Old May 01, 2002, 09:09 AM

Exclamation !!! Warning to Kazaa Users !!!

sponsored links

Kazaa has a utility that runs in the background of your computer that takes up CPU usage and possibly graphics card usage.

What does this utility do? The utility runs in the background ... rendering ... once your computer has rendered the source file, it sends it back to their server. Therefore it also takes up some of your internet bandwidth.

There is no warning when Kazaa is doing this, and they aren't going to release when they are going to start this operation.

__________________________________________________ _________

To make them change their idea of this, everyone should quit using Kazaa and switch to LimeWire for the time being. To make this possible, it will require you to make contacts with others about this.
* Email everyone about it
* Talk about it to everyone you know

With a great loss of users, they shall change their mind about proceeding using our computers. After all, no one will want to advertise on Kazaa with a small amount of users !!!
Old May 01, 2002, 10:24 AM

yes it i can caonfirm that fact also, it has been notided that Kazaa comes with bonzai buddy and that it supposedly spyware. Sharmand Networks hs denied this in a recent article but users believe it to be true. Another point, Kazaa has a virus on it and can be implanted on your computer when you doenload files, i got it yesterday. I have NOrton for Windows XP and a message came up saying htat KAzza contained the Virus Love Bug....BE WARNED
Old May 01, 2002, 11:17 AM

I HAVE THE ANSWER TO YOUR PROBLEMS!!!!!!!

***********.kazaalite.com

IT TAKES OUT ALL THE $HIT THAT KAZAA PUTS INTO ITS PROGRAMME AND TRUST ME IT RUNS MUCH FASTER TOO!

YES IM THE HERO OF THE DAY, SO IS KAZAALITE.COM!

by the way kazzalite has nothing to do with kazaa, other then it modifs the kazaa programme.

Last edited by Postmaster; May 01, 2002 at 11:24 AM.
Old May 01, 2002, 11:28 AM
suspended

We've been dicussing about spyware on Kazaa and the new KazaaLite for quite a while in the Audio forum. If you run a search, you'll find those threads.
Old May 01, 2002, 12:05 PM

Woah I didn't know this. I'll uninstall kazaa and install that new program asap.
Old May 01, 2002, 12:27 PM
Veteran

Does uninstalling kazaa mean that all the spyware and other crap is got rid of? or should I take other measures to get rid of it?

M_rsa
Closed Thread